Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

In the near future I would like to get some drag radials. What is the best setup? Are Weld draglites worth the money? Is 15x8 the best size? Which brand of tire, BFG or Nitto, or M/T??? Help?? What size tire??? 275/50R15??? I need advice!

Jeff

·
Registered
136 Posts
If you get DR's, you still need to heat them up properly and I think the only way to do that is with a line lock. Anyway, I cant heat mine up very well so my 60 is about 1.90 Damn you have great times for your mods. Congrats.

See sig for size and brand

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey thanks for the compliment!

I plan on getting 2 new wheels for the DRs. I'm looking to stay as light as possible... I have seen the effects of rotational mass on acceleration before :) Seems like most people run a 15" Weld or equivalent. I would like to hear from people who have this kind of setup. I was thinking 15x8 with BFG DRs 275/50R15. Should I be concerned about offset, backspacing, or whatever else?

Thanks in advance.

Jeff

·
Registered
952 Posts
for maximum traction, you will want to get as small a rim as possible. i run 275/40/17 BFG drag radials on stock rims. my best 60ft time (only got to the track on these wheels once) was a 1.93 launching at 2800 rpm with 20lbs of pressure in the them. i know there is more. i've seen people get 1.7s on bigger tires.
gino

1 - 4 of 4 Posts