Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so my twin setup is pretty much done just need to have the downpipes made up for it.
a good friend of mine has a buddy who has a reputable exhuast shop, my friend Frank says this guy could probably do it for a good price(like $200-300)
so he talks to the guy and he wants me to drop it off for today, i drive it about the 1 mile from my buddys garage to the exhuast shop last night and leave my cell number and the keys.
the guy doesnt call this morning so i give him a buzz around 10am, no answer so i leave him a message to call me back. well, he doesnt call back, instead he calls Frank about 3pm and says"jesus, did you see this thing? this is gunna take probably a week" Frank tells him to call me and see what i think.
he doesnt call me, so i guess im gunna stop by in the morning and see what the issue is.
now most of you guys know the typical placement of the turbos on these kits,
passenger side should be fairly easy,straight back off the turbo and a almost *90 down to the h pipe. i can see the drivers side is more of a pain in the ass, but thats why i told him to go with 2 1/4" pipe to afford a little more room near the brake booster.
granted im not a exhaust expert(thus needing him to do it) but i would think a reputable guy with 20 years experience doing mostly all custom work should find this to be relatively easy.
guys, please tell me if i'm outta line here, but i think this should be a few hundred dollar job taking a day

·
Registered
290 Posts
I agree with you...dont let yourself get wrapped up spending more on the downpipes ten you did on the rest of the setup....take it to someone that can do it...its not THAT hard if its what you do for a freaking living.

T

·
0 Posts
good luck on that driver side, its not fun and to get it in there between the booster, its almost not possible. There is serious time in them really to get that all correct. Ill try and dig up some photos of a friends car that did the install awhile back

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for the responses guys.
actually, about two days after i made that post i went up there and talked to the guy, he turned out to be really cool. he was just more concerned he wouldnt have it done quickly and thought i wanted it back in a day or 2, i told him no hurry and i'll actually be stopping up there tomorrow to see how its coming

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
oh, btw turbocharged power, i wish you had that kit available a year ago when i got my twin setup, your kit looks to be a pretty good quality and awesome for the price, plus woulda been a lot easier to have gone with a single kit. oh well, maybe next time :)

·
Registered
158 Posts
thanks for the responses guys.
actually, about two days after i made that post i went up there and talked to the guy, he turned out to be really cool. he was just more concerned he wouldnt have it done quickly and thought i wanted it back in a day or 2, i told him no hurry and i'll actually be stopping up there tomorrow to see how its coming

What shop is it??

You're real close, I'm down in Pittston

T

·
0 Posts
if they want some photos to see the best way to route it, I can try and dig up photos.

We did a car awhile ago and it was a mess to get them ran but might help. Ill see if I can find any old photos

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
if they want some photos to see the best way to route it, I can try and dig up photos.

We did a car awhile ago and it was a mess to get them ran but might help. Ill see if I can find any old photos
that would actually probably help him alot if you happen to find them.
originally i told him to go with 2 1/4" thinkng it might give some room, but now he said he'll go 2 1/2" and give it a squeeze near the booster kinda like a oval

1 - 10 of 10 Posts