Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my downpipe runs right off the turbo take two 90s and comes out in front of the passenger front tire, is my return not working properly or do i have a tubo issue,
be gentle my first build with a turbo

347 bored 40 OVER WITH COMP HAWK BLOCK, GT40 HEADS, COBRA LOWER INTAKE, CUSTOM BOX UPPER INTAKE, 42LB INJECTORS, 8.5 COMPRESSION, 70MM TURBO, H BEAMS, FORGED EVERYTHING, AND SOME SPRAY IF NEEDED LOL

·
Registered
5,957 Posts
Oil feed and drain setup are usually the cause. Your feed should be really small. Like -3AN or 3/16 brake line. On top of that, the fitting into the turbo could have a restrictor in it. I use the brake line plus a 90 degree fitting that has a pretty small hole in it. The bearings just need to be sprayed and teh drain is gravity-so if you over pressurize the feed and it can't drain, you get oil forced out into the down pipe.
Then the drain should be as short as possible and not really level out or go up hill at any point. You want at least -10AN or equivalent on there.
Erich

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks for the feed back, supply is -3 and the return is -10 but my pcv setup may be the problem, right now all i have is a half inch hose coming off the pcv, prolly not letting enough ventilation so it is causing some pressure in the crankcase,
will fix that
damn turbos

·
Registered
5,957 Posts
thanks for the feed back, supply is -3 and the return is -10 but my pcv setup may be the problem, right now all i have is a half inch hose coming off the pcv, prolly not letting enough ventilation so it is causing some pressure in the crankcase,
will fix that
damn turbos
If you are pressurizing the crankcase badly-you WILL get oil in your exhaust. You will be then pressurizing your oil return line and stopping the oil draining.
Erich

1 - 11 of 11 Posts