Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has any body done a 4" down pipe, if so please send pics, looking to reduce back-pressure. BTW 8.2 based motor.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Subscribing. I have a 3.5" on3 but curious to see how everyone fits a 4" because my 3.5" is suuupppeerrr tight

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have thought about going to a 4 inch oval pipe, or notching my stomach strut tower

·
Premium Member
3,571 Posts
4" from the turbo to a "y" at the tail of the transmission. there it splits into dual 3" over the axle and out the back.

my hotside is originally a BG Custom kit that had a 3.5". I made the 4" myself. I'll get some pics up later.

·
Registered
4,970 Posts
I have a wrapped 4" (makes it about 4-1/4 OD) on passenger side and down to a split where it goes to dual 3".

No notch required.

·
Registered
402 Posts
4" from the turbo to a "y" at the tail of the transmission. there it splits into dual 3" over the axle and out the back.

my hotside is originally a BG Custom kit that had a 3.5". I made the 4" myself. I'll get some pics up later.

Could you by any chance snap a picture of you going over the axle with it? Im trying to figure out a way to get my 3.5" single over the axle but I dont see a decent route. Thanks

·
Premium Member
3,571 Posts
Could you by any chance snap a picture of you going over the axle with it? Im trying to figure out a way to get my 3.5" single over the axle but I dont see a decent route. Thanks
I have a panhard bar and a large aluminum fuel tank to move around and still clear 315 tires. Probably different setups. That and I am only running 3 inch pipe. There is a thread in the general forum here under lightweight aluminum exhaust thread. I have a bunch of pictures in there.

·
Registered
402 Posts
I have a panhard bar and a large aluminum fuel tank to move around and still clear 315 tires. Probably different setups. That and I am only running 3 inch pipe. There is a thread in the general forum here under lightweight aluminum exhaust thread. I have a bunch of pictures in there.
Cool. Thanks I will see if I can find it

1 - 10 of 10 Posts