Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Going to be upgrading over the winter to a Dart 363 with TFS 205 CNC's with a Comp 7879....My current setup only has a 3" DP with a 2.5Pipe coldside pipe off the turbo to the innercooler, steps up to 3" after to the TB. I'm going to run all 3" cold side with a bigger inner cooler to a 80mm TB. My question is should I run a 3",3.5", or 4" DP (4" may not have enough room)I'll have 120lb injectors and bigger fuel system. Still undecided on the intake manifold. May go with a victor 5.0, or a super victor with the 90deg elbow. I know i'll have to fab up the DP just dont want to have to do it more than once...I would like to make 900-1000Hp...What would be the HP limit of a 3.5" DP? .Thanks for the suggestions.

·
Registered
7,612 Posts
what size Vband is that 7879 set up withas it seems it comes wiht any of the 3 sizes you mentioned

either way you know how it goes... the bigger the better

·
Registered
2,531 Posts
GroverDill hit 867Rw with a 3" downpipe @ 21 psi with a 363, AFR 205s and a Precision 76GTS on E85....so there's a basis for your build....

·
Registered
2,531 Posts
3.5" dp 9.51 @ 148

No clue on dyno #s I dont get hung up on that because its easily skewd
especially with Automatics....let the number at the track do the talking

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I hear ya about real numbers at the track....Im hoping for low 9's possibly high 8's...I know the old saying...bigger is better...I'll have to see if I have room for a 4"dp....

·
Formerly eades5.0
4,716 Posts
Those times wont be a issue! My 331 with the same heads and smaller turbo ran the times I said on 14psi, then you get to deal with the real BS lol

Cage
Lisc
Window net
Gloves, shoes, neck brace, pants

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
GroverDill hit 867Rw with a 3" downpipe @ 21 psi with a 363, AFR 205s and a Precision 76GTS on E85....so there's a basis for your build....
Kurgan tuned it again Thursday, 954 rwhp at 25.5 psi leaning on the injectors so he backed it down to about 24psi and 920/920

3" downpipe, only spinning it to 6k

Is it optimal, no, does it work, yup.

·
Formerly eades5.0
4,716 Posts
Whats that thing mph Grover?

I was talking to PTE this week and mentioned your #s, they were shocked the 76 made that haha!

Have you done any backpressure testing by chance?

·
Registered
7,612 Posts
Kurgan tuned it again Thursday, 954 rwhp at 25.5 psi leaning on the injectors so he backed it down to about 24psi and 920/920

3" downpipe, only spinning it to 6k

Is it optimal, no, does it work, yup.
what are your EGTs?

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
I havent been on a track with this car since it was a basic bolt on car and san diego had a drag strip. The nearest one is over 100 miles away now.

And no I have not checked back pressure nor EGTs

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Just for more info, I don't know how much impact cam has on this but the cam I have is pretty small. Again, I know this is not optimal.

Wouldn't the turbine size be the real restriction moreso than the downpipe?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts