Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Grrr.....the POS V clamps that came with the On3 5.0 kit really blow!!
Is there somewhere else or a part # for the right size clamp from the turbo to down pipe? I have tried CAT & Cummins clamps but all are close...but none seal up properly? Any opinions?

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ah....Thanks

·
Registered
542 Posts
3" I do durability dyno testing and use v band/marmon flange clamp every day. One thing that helps the threads last through many heat cycles bolting and unbolting is to put a lite coating of copper antisieze on the threads so the don't seize/strip threads.
my company uses clamp's from Detroit Flexible Group
part# DFM 4560-300S for a 3". -250S for 2.5"
1-800-HOSE NOW

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Right ones should be in the kit............NO GRINDING REQUIRED!

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well 1/2 right
I coated eveything & reinforced the turbo mount & modified lots of things so the money I spent on the kit & the bucks I put into it to make it better is still cheaper that the other kits....It's just a simple thing like the right size clamps would have been nice!!

You are including clamps....Uh why not put the right ones in...
$2 chicken on a $3 plate!

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
I have On3 kits on 2 of my Fox cars and both bolted right on with no fitment problems at all. Perhaps I got lucky. It certainly can't be because of mechanical ability.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yep....... must be luck!

·
Registered
939 Posts
Yep must be! Cansogo did you get the pipeing jet hot coated?If so why didnt they tape off or protect where the joints are?Also got any info on where it was done at?I just wrapped my hotside so hopeing it will do for now?Over the winter since i have to redo my bay now,i plan on also doing a in/out same side IC and alumn pipeing instead of stainless that i have with my kit.My buddy and i have thinnking of getting something going so if you wanna switch kits :)

·
Registered
546 Posts
3" I do durability dyno testing and use v band/marmon flange clamp every day. One thing that helps the threads last through many heat cycles bolting and unbolting is to put a lite coating of copper antisieze on the threads so the don't seize/strip threads.
my company uses clamp's from Detroit Flexible Group
part# DFM 4560-300S for a 3". -250S for 2.5"
1-800-HOSE NOW

I also do dyno testing.....wonder if we work in the same area...

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yep must be! Cansogo did you get the pipeing jet hot coated?If so why didnt they tape off or protect where the joints are?Also got any info on where it was done at?I just wrapped my hotside so hopeing it will do for now?Over the winter since i have to redo my bay now,i plan on also doing a in/out same side IC and alumn pipeing instead of stainless that i have with my kit.My buddy and i have thinnking of getting something going so if you wanna switch kits :)
I had a outfit in Calgary coat the pipes good till 2000 deg except it's kinda army green. cost 250 ish I think...anyways That & the PTP blanket it works good! Whats your e-mail I 'll send you a few pic's

·
Registered
939 Posts
I had a outfit in Calgary coat the pipes good till 2000 deg except it's kinda army green. cost 250 ish I think...anyways That & the PTP blanket it works good! Whats your e-mail I 'll send you a few pic's
[email protected]

·
Jersey True Street Guy
3,195 Posts
you can try cleaning up both mounting surfaces with a wizzer wheel and putting a light, translucent coating of copper RTV on it before bolting it together. I do that as standard practice when I put my hotside back together again.

Bad parts are bad parts though, if it is that off copper RTV isn't going to fix it.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Dove it last night....temp guage spiked it to the red,,,,So yea going with Copper rtv..(Idid everywhere else) & changing the rad & going with a 160 T stat...Oh the Drama!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts