Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Upgrading to a Precision 7675 turbo over the winter along with a dart 363Boost cranked up to 20-22psi....Will a 3" down pipe to (2) 2 1/2 " pipes dumped at the axle be too small? At the track its open down pipe. Exhaust A/R will be .81 (i think)..I could also get a .96.. description of this turbo says its a 3 5/8" ehaust flange. Other 7675 turbos you can get a 4" exhaust. I dont really want to fabricate a 4" exhaust. Need some recommendations. Thanks. Also was looking at a Comp Turbo...Anyone have any feed back on this brand?

·
Registered
3,651 Posts
Go 3 1/2 dp to dual 3s. The 3 1/2dp is good for 50rwhp over the 3” and it will spool faster. Definetly do the .96 exhaust. The .81 is to small.

I can't comment on the comp turbo.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Upgrading to a Precision 7675 turbo over the winter along with a dart 363Boost cranked up to 20-22psi....Will a 3" down pipe to (2) 2 1/2 " pipes dumped at the axle be too small? At the track its open down pipe. Exhaust A/R will be .81 (i think)..I could also get a .96.. description of this turbo says its a 3 5/8" ehaust flange. Other 7675 turbos you can get a 4" exhaust. I dont really want to fabricate a 4" exhaust. Need some recommendations. Thanks. Also was looking at a Comp Turbo...Anyone have any feed back on this brand?
I just purchased an oil less Comp turbo this week. They were very helpful on the phone in discussing my goals and setup. I spent hours reading posts on different forums. Many satisfied customers. A couple of complaints mostly because of miss- matched components in their setup for the turbo they were running. One went on for 8 or so pages only to find out his intercooler was creating over 10 psi of restriction snuffing out the performance of his turbo. A few haters were quick to blame the turbo. The overwhelming consensus was that the guys at Comp Turbo take good care of their customers. That is a rare find in the performance industry.

·
Registered
753 Posts
Comp is a great company to deal with thats why I ditched the precision I had and switched to Comp and became a dealer for them. I too just intalled an oil-less Comp setup in my personal car.

Now to the op's question about downpipe and exhuast ar size. This all depends on flow you need to reach the power you want. So engine size, boost level and rpm you rev to come into play. I ran a .68 to 650rwhp revving to 7k rpms on a 4.6 3v, 3" down pipe to 2.5" y, no issues. I tested the .96, .81 and .68 ar on that setup and never loss any power up top when going smaller.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts