Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I tried to install a pair of Steeda door sill plates and I can't seem to be able to take of the stock sill plates. I yank them till they look like they will break and it seems they are bolted in. The instruction just says to lift out the old one.

The plates are beautys, how the heck do I put them in now?

·
Registered
145 Posts
Have the same plates sitting in my room. I'll probably put them on tomorrow. I let you know how it goes. I would imagine if they're not coming off, just spray some WD40 under it to dissolve the adheasive.

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
I rip mine up almost weekly :( . You have to get a firm grip at either edge, then apply slow steady pressure 'til it pops out. It's not that hard to do.

·
Registered
3,173 Posts
Pull up the stock plate that helps to hold the carpet in. It just snaps in/out. The other piece is glued to the body. You'll have to pull it off, and then pull off the glue that is underneath it. After that, apply some rubbing alcohol (or Coors Light :p) and lift the glue off. After that it is smooth sailing. Just get the Steeda plates in place, and then press them down good and hard. Then, snap the other stockers back in place, and you're good to go! BTW... they scratch too easy from everyday use, but other than that, you'll love them!!! :D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts