Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,828 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm about to install the lock/unlock portion into my alarm system and i was curious about a few things. First off, do the lock/unlock switches work off of milliamps? my alarm output milliamps, so if they do can i just wire the alarm into to the switches with out having to install 2 relays in between the alarm and lock/unlock switches? the installation manual says i can do this, only if the door locks are a negative system. does anyone know for sure if they are negative or if they are reverse polarity, since i have been too lazy to actually test them myself.

oh, this is going on a 95 gt, w/o keyless entry. thanks to everyone who reads this

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
the ckt for the locks will be 12v and yes.. most likely milliamps.

i'm not sure if they are a negative system or not.

but i have a DEI alarm and my door locks work fine with my remote.

·
Registered
4,119 Posts
I've found that you have to cut the door lock circuit and install the remote door lock wires inline with the circuit, not just tap into the wire.

·
Registered
3,828 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hey starman, thanks for the info. did your car not have the keyless entry feature. since you had to cut the circuits, that would make it a reverse polarity circuit. my installation manual says i need to use relays w/ that type, but if the switch works off of milliamps i don't see the need for the relays. Did you use relays or not? thanks again for you help.

·
Registered
10 Posts
The wires are pink/yellow - lock and pink/green for unlock. The EZiest place to access them is in the harness running from the front to the rear of the car on the drivers side. You can also find the light flash - brown and door trigger - black/blue in the same harness.
If you have factory keyless entry the wires will require a low current negative pulse and no relays are required, if you do not have factory keyless entry then the wires are reverse polarity and you will need to cut them and wire up relays.
If you need more advice or a more detailed wiring guide for you car feel free to IM me and i will help you get your alarm going.

Good Luck
Steve

B.T.W what kind and model of alarm system are you installing?

·
Registered
3,828 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks Eulogy, that was exactly what i was looking for. i knew that not having keyless made a difference.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts