Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,490 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know where I can find this felt material or a place that sells new adjusters? This isn't your average felt. It's backed with a stitched fabric for durability.

·
Premium Member
5,906 Posts
These are the OEM part numbers from Ford. I believe the last photo is the up stop bracket.
22380 Door window glass inner stabilizer
21742 Front Door Window Front up stop bracket

I hope this helps
Michael Plummer

·
Registered
3,490 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
These are the OEM part numbers from Ford. I believe the last photo is the up stop bracket.
22380 Door window glass inner stabilizer
21742 Front Door Window Front up stop bracket

I hope this helps
Michael Plummer
I tried both part numbers and neither are it. Thanks for trying.

Here's more pics...there are 2 that bolt to the top of door and are adjustable. The window slides against them and by moving them inwards puts more tension on the glass. This helps with rattles and window play. When you see streaked window tint towards the front of door glass; it's the felt on these brackets either worn or dirty.

·
Premium Member
5,906 Posts
Those are the part numbers from the 1994 Ford Mustang Service Manual. 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

·
Registered
3,490 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Those are the part numbers for the 1994 Ford Mustang Service Manual. 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️
Check out this link. Roll your mouse over the second pic. See how the metal is shaped differently and has a male threaded stud? Mine has a nut attached and a bolt goes through top of door into that nut. Don't you just love these parts diagrams? I think things vary through the years for no good reason. UGH!
Thanks!

·
Registered
3,490 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Premium Member
5,906 Posts
Time to hit a salvage yard.

·
Registered
3,490 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Time to hit a salvage yard.
I may but I'm sure that they are just as worn. I'm working on finding suitable replacement material. It needs to be weather resistant, durable but very soft.

·
Registered
3,490 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
1 - 10 of 10 Posts