Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've searched and read the threads and article about this mod, and have just completed it. My question is if there is anyone that can give me a list or diagram of what all of the wires in the connector control. I am looking to get the chime to stop when the key is first turned to the on position, but I want it to chime when I have the lights on with the car not running, so I can't just unplug the connnector. I've looked through my Haynes manual, but couldn't find anything. Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Look under the drivers side dash next to the console, ther should be a white terminal block with 8-9 wires going into it, it the wire you want is the black wire, clip & terminate the end & no more ding.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Im not sure but if you dissconeted the whole block the other dings wouldnt work (lights,etc.) I think 95gtvert still wants those.

·
Registered
4,119 Posts
I unpluged mine and put a strip of electrical tape over the contact for that wire. Took a little bit more time to do, but I can remove it if I want.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the info, but I already disconnected the door chime. I am looking to have all the chimes stopped except for the one when the lights are on and the key isn't in the ignition, just in case I forget to turn them off in the rain or something. So I just need to know which wires controls the light chime. Thanks.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts