Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've decided to keep my 92 SSP somewhat nostalgic with its' mods. Why some may ask....I simply miss the good ole days when 12's was fast lol. Anyways, she's got a 200k motor with GT40 3bar Heads (unported), E303 Cam, Trickflow Intake, 70mm Throttle body, Pro M mass air, 24lb injectors, Full length headers, Old school H-pipe, Tremec TKO500, Spec Stage 1 Clutch, 3.73 gears, Nitrous Express Proton Plus. It also has an unknown brand of rear tubular upper and lower control arms. I realize that there are many factor that help, like ideal track and density altitude conditions, and getting this thing to 60ft. A buddy of mine just gave me a free set of barely used Mickey Thompson Drag Radials. Just need rims to mount them on. Not sure what this SSP weighs. It's still sports AC (need it in AZ!), Power Steering, and has manual windows. I'm sure it'll get there on the bottle but off would be nice lol. What do you guys think?

-Rich

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's what I'm hoping for!

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
A buddy just gave me these Mickey Thompson ET Streets with less than 10 passes on them for free! Just need rims to mount them on!

Attachments

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Traction+good driver =easy 12s. Drive scared and 13s all day.
For sure! I've busted many T5s back in the 90s. The TKO500 doesn't shift as smoothly as those T5s but I'll definitely drive her like she's stolen! If DA is decent and I can get her to 60ft I'm hoping to hit my goal. My buddy actually gave me these tires right after I picked up some MT ET Street SS's for the current rim setup. I've been looking at rim options for the track and like the Weld RT-S S71's but haven't researched to see if the fronts would clear the current 13inch disc setup. I like the look of those but they are pricey.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Be ready for 'no air' here in Arizona. When I was racing at Wildhorse pass it would be 3000+ air density around this time of year. At Tucson be ready for 4500+ at his time of year..........

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That's what I was thinking too :(
I spoke to afew people and heard Wildhorse hasn't been maintained well. Still be fun to get some seat time

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Wildhorse hasn't been taken care of for many years. Word has been that 2020 ends it for good......
Hope it's just hearsay like when and ended up just giving it back to the N.A's. Must've gotten worse since I've been there. I ran my GT there last year and ran a 10.20. Track was actually hooking.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Wildhorse is going to turn into a huge resort hotel what the word is that I got. This was from folks in the construction business.......

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Wildhorse is going to turn into a huge resort hotel what the word is that I got. This was from folks in the construction business.......
Bummer! Tuscon it is 😕
I haven't been you that track in 19 years lol.

·
Registered
293 Posts
I thought they just re did the starting area at Wildhorse?

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Its been a year since I last ran there. Will see this month when I head there.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Drag radial on a stick car is hard on parts,. I have broken an axle, and twisted both the drive shaft yokes. They say a slick is more forgiving. If you slip the clutch it can help make parts live with a radial. The clutchtamer is cheaper than new slicks, knock on wood I have not broken anything after installation.

I have a stock engine with shorty headers, cated h-pipe, e-fan and manual steering. T5 4.10's. My best pass is 13.70 @97.7

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
Back in 2002 I went 12.96 stock motor, stock suspension, full weight, T5, 4.10's, full exhaust and a 76mm meter... DOTs and skinnies.
Was good air that day... ~2600' if I recall... out at Speedworld. ... 13.004 and 13.008 for 3 weeks straight before it finally went a 12.
Gt40s, TFintake, Ecam, inj's and TB will certainly help you get there, but, those dr's are not your friend at WildHorse... get some bias-plys.
200k miles tho... don't be surprised to be mid/high 13's first few times out while you hone your driving/launch... and, our good air is pretty much gone till late fall now.
I'm now running ported E7s and a nifty cam... 12.21 at Wildhorse...

D/A... last weekend at SIR in Tucson was over 4000' at 9am... and rising... ran my 2019 SRT Jeep to a 13.3 at 102... those things should rip off 12.7's... so the poor air is no joke.

And, anyone can thow $/power at something and go run a number, much more impressive to whittle down with what you've got.
Have fun.
Definately going to watch this thread.
Old school... love it.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Back in 2002 I went 12.96 stock motor, stock suspension, full weight, T5, 4.10's, full exhaust and a 76mm meter... DOTs and skinnies.
Was good air that day... ~2600' if I recall... out at Speedworld. ... 13.004 and 13.008 for 3 weeks straight before it finally went a 12.
Gt40s, TFintake, Ecam, inj's and TB will certainly help you get there, but, those dr's are not your friend at WildHorse... get some bias-plys.
200k miles tho... don't be surprised to be mid/high 13's first few times out while you hone your driving/launch... and, our good air is pretty much gone till late fall now.
I'm now running ported E7s and a nifty cam... 12.21 at Wildhorse...

D/A... last weekend at SIR in Tucson was over 4000' at 9am... and rising... ran my 2019 SRT Jeep to a 13.3 at 102... those things should rip off 12.7's... so the poor air is no joke.

And, anyone can thow $/power at something and go run a number, much more impressive to whittle down with what you've got.
Have fun.
Definately going to watch this thread.
Old school... love it.
The air is no joke.
I tell ya, when I yanked the E7s and installed the GT40s, E303, and 24lbers she feels slower 😕

Here's pics of the rim and tires that I did today. Whoever had the car before modded the rear brakes with 13inch rotors! I just had to put in the standard rear discs on to clear the 15 inch rims

Attachments

1 - 20 of 25 Posts