Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed a f303 cam to my. Set up and wow. My car does have traction till 4th.
There is no point from 1st to 3rd I just keep burnin them. before the cam swap I was putting out 400 to the wheels and 450. Tq any ideas what she makes know? Also anyone running open loop o2s
Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

·
Registered
279 Posts
I have the same issue with a C4 & street tires.....Just the smell of burnt rubber
Not a bad thing!

·
Registered
433 Posts
our car is the same way with street tires even a bit dangerous so I just leave the D/R on it most of the time. it has all kinds of suspension work with it.it is just the power with the D/R it is really not that bad but from time to time it will light the tires when you are not expecting it so it keeps you on your toes.

·
Registered
608 Posts
our car is the same way with street tires even a bit dangerous so I just leave the D/R on it most of the time. it has all kinds of suspension work with it.it is just the power with the D/R it is really not that bad but from time to time it will light the tires when you are not expecting it so it keeps you on your toes.
Thats fun!!!!!!! My cars not really fast but sometimes if your not careful the torque kicks in and your like oh #### that was close!

·
Registered
2,531 Posts
I can almost dead hook with 200+ more RW....it's not the power...it's the suspension and tires...

·
Registered
261 Posts
Guys are running in the 7s on a 275 drag radial. I would think your issue is in suspension components, suspension setup, and tire selection. You can make 1500hp but if you cant get it to the ground, its useless. I worked on my suspension with the thought of making it hook on wet grass. I suggest you read some on suspension theory and make some changes.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Guys are running in the 7s on a 275 drag radial. I would think your issue is in suspension components, suspension setup, and tire selection. You can make 1500hp but if you cant get it to the ground, its useless. I worked on my suspension with the thought of making it hook on wet grass. I suggest you read some on suspension theory and make some changes.
while yes there are cars running on D/R and they run in the 7 you are talking about a purpose built car and they heat the tires and they are on a track that is prepared for racing and what is the track temps and how warm is it out side? all of this comes into play also along with setup. I have had 1.50 60 ft with the same set up I have now with Et Streets with the old S/C set up while not crazy numbers it is not bad for a real street car and a auto off the foot break and at that time 3.73 rear gears and a 28 in tall tire and 3800 stall. but put it on the street and I got beat by a high 11 sec car that hooked with less power and a 150 shot after he go rolling. just a thought. race cars are just that and street car are well street cars.. I just assumed the OP is talking about on the street but we know what that can get us LOL...

·
Registered
261 Posts
while yes there are cars running on D/R and they run in the 7 you are talking about a purpose built car and they heat the tires and they are on a track that is prepared for racing and what is the track temps and how warm is it out side? all of this comes into play also along with setup. I have had 1.50 60 ft with the same set up I have now with Et Streets with the old S/C set up while not crazy numbers it is not bad for a real street car and a auto off the foot break and at that time 3.73 rear gears and a 28 in tall tire and 3800 stall. but put it on the street and I got beat by a high 11 sec car that hooked with less power and a 150 shot after he go rolling. just a thought. race cars are just that and street car are well street cars.. I just assumed the OP is talking about on the street but we know what that can get us LOL...
Yes, the street is not a prepped race surface but his issue is not making too much power. I have had big power cars on the street all my life and if the suspension is right and the driver can drive, the car will hook. At 12psi in my GT with a PT76 turbo on a 347 with 275 MT radials, I can stab it and it has minimal tire spin. It transfers the weight and black tracks some but that is it. No reason he should have an issue.

·
Registered
433 Posts
you are talking D/R how does it do on a real street tires this maybe the case of the O/P he may be on street tires.

·
Registered
608 Posts
Yes, the street is not a prepped race surface but his issue is not making too much power. I have had big power cars on the street all my life and if the suspension is right and the driver can drive, the car will hook. At 12psi in my GT with a PT76 turbo on a 347 with 275 MT radials, I can stab it and it has minimal tire spin. It transfers the weight and black tracks some but that is it. No reason he should have an issue.
So u can just pull out of your drive way and hit wot with that motor combo and pretty much dead hook? You should come to Chicago and do some street racing. Ill put in with u.

·
Registered
3,424 Posts
bunch of babies on here... to the op your car needs suspension work . the end.... come to THE NIGHT THE LIGHTS WENT OUT IN GA II...REDEMPTION in valdosta ga feb 25-27 it will be around 30* and you can see some 1.3x 60 ft times on a 255-50-16 m/t radial street car.... no skinnes on the frt not a gutted race car full interior stock block

·
Registered
433 Posts
once again a prepped track surface..while yes I understand (HE) may need suspension work that is not so with all of us. on the street Like I said before our car will not hook on street tires, nope not gone to happen even with 4 fat chicks in the back. on d/r yes it is much better.still not not like the track

·
Registered
7,597 Posts
bunch of babies on here... to the op your car needs suspension work . the end.... come to THE NIGHT THE LIGHTS WENT OUT IN GA II...REDEMPTION in valdosta ga feb 25-27 it will be around 30* and you can see some 1.3x 60 ft times on a 255-50-16 m/t radial street car.... no skinnes on the frt not a gutted race car full interior stock block
that's sick!

can yu suggest a suspension package for the OP's car?

·
Registered
433 Posts
Mine hooks on the street. See sig.
Is that on real street tires or D/R there is a big difference? if you say real street tires post up some videos so I can see. No wait dont I would have to be standing there to see it to belive it.
By the way nice time is that 60 off a trans. brake? How big of a rear tire are you running being it is a Sn95?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts