Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
494 Posts
roush blower

01-0800 said:
Don't hold your breath:evil:
I wouldn't pay attention to his reply call roush and they will tell you what to expect I belong to the only roush site around fnsweet.com and also talk to roush perf.routinely they will be coming out with it it is the timetable that is not set in stone.So unless 01-0800 who drives a saleen has more info than that just keep posted if it is the roush setup you want.Remember good things come to those who wait. ;)

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
Re: roush blower

MLN385 said:
I wouldn't pay attention to his reply call roush and they will tell you what to expect I belong to the only roush site around fnsweet.com and also talk to roush perf.routinely they will be coming out with it it is the timetable that is not set in stone.So unless 01-0800 who drives a saleen has more info than that just keep posted if it is the roush setup you want.Remember good things come to those who wait. ;)
Maybe he is saying that because this kit has been rumored to be released to the public for almost a year now.

When a lot of us see it we will believe.

Sorta like the twin screw coming from KB (1 1/2 years now) or the twin screw from Saleen (several months now).

Rumors are just that rumors. Let's see it on the market.

·
Registered
149 Posts
That is exactly my point. I also am on the FNSweet board. Even before MLN385. That blower has been coming out since the release of the Stage 3. I like the way Roush uses a seperate belt on their chargers. Stated to have less wear on the crank/mains. I will check it out as soon as it comes out. I hear Roush is changing their program to make 380 HP now. Thanks RedGTvert, I am not too good at words most of the time:)

·
Registered
494 Posts
I agree

The manufacturers are seriously lacking when it comes to a roots or twin screw however it seems to me that all three are promising for the first of the year so I would say they are all looking to bring the product out soon for their own reasons .It does seem that saleen is going to make it first with the series IV maybe kenne bell will be next then roush .I can understand roushes and saleen's aprehension if they sell their chargers they will lose sales of their cars and only sell chargers.Now that both have increased output on current models look for the salleen IVand roushes 360 roots while they will produce their cars with more hp such as roush with 380hp.Just my opinion.As for Kenne Bell who knows what they are thinking. ;)

·
US Air Force Active Duty
252 Posts
Either way, the 2V or 4V modular crowd has been in the waiting game.
KB, SALEEN and ROUSH all offer a good product but the waiting has already turned some people off.

As for S/C unit sells hurting toatl cars sales .... doubt that.

Just would be nice to hear a deadline and a Co. meet it. Customer confidence begins there.

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
Is that Saleen Series II intercooled? What does the kit include? F/Pump, chip, etc.?
That price is cheap, if it is all inclusive. The Roush kit will be all inclusive. Intercooler, chip, FEAD brkts and belt, fuel pump, yada-yada-yada. But I'll bet it won't be cheap!

·
Registered
149 Posts
You better check that price from Saleen. I don't think they let you add the Team Saleen discount to the "sale" price.

·
Registered
540 Posts
I thought the sale ended about a month ago. There website has it back to the $3599.

01 Steed - it is intercooled and comes with everything you need to do the installation.

You send the EEC back to Saleen for the powerflash, I would recommend a dyno tune though.

·
Registered
494 Posts
saleen series II

Juscruzn said:
Roush is saying some time in January. I will hold off on a purchase until then even though Saleen is discounting the '01 Series II.

http://www.saleen.com/store2000/set1.asp?car=Saleen

After joining Team Saleen and ordering online it comes out to $2926.20. That's $3239.99 - 12% + $75(Team Saleen dues).

Decisions, decisions!!:rolleyes:

Later,
Matt
They are discounting because it is now absolete with their new series IV and V.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I may have missed something, but like Tom said.........
It looks as if the Series II's are the same old price on the Saleen website. They don't seem to be on sale that I can see :confused:

·
Registered
58 Posts
I have personally spoke with Dale Aldo from Roush. He told me that due to high demand for the stage 3 blower, a kit will be released in the beginning of 2003. He said it was their top priority.

That's all I know. He could have been blowing smoke...

Anyway, if Roush is smart they will release a kit. It would sell like hotcakes.

:cool:

I have a 2003 Stage 2 on order right now. As soon as the kit is available, I will be the first in line to get one.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
You need Roush's Stage III intake manifold to use their blower apparently. So that would be expensive. Look here. If you already knew that, oh well..........

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
The Roush kit should include the Manifold.

Augie, If Dale says they're working on it, he's not blowin' smoke. I'd just like to know what the cost is going to be.

·
US Air Force Active Duty
252 Posts
'01 Steed said:
The Roush kit should include the Manifold.

Augie, If Dale says they're working on it, he's not blowin' smoke. I'd just like to know what the cost is going to be.
Hopefully it will be competitive with the SALEEN unit. My concern is that with all the additional equipment the price may be north of $4K.

·
Registered
679 Posts
Tom how much boost are you running?
Do you know if the pullie on my Roush can be changed or someone that might help me out?Also what plugs are you using do you know anything about Iridium plugs are they worth it?
I went to the 1/8mile track and only trapped at 82 in the 1/8th seems low to me.Im going to the 1/4 tommorrow too see what it runs.
Your cams will be going in this Bad boy sooner than later:D !
JOEL

1 - 20 of 24 Posts