Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think im about to buy a a 85 gt 347 running block car with a blow thru procharger running 14 lb of boost ..it.put down some good.#. But I dont.know about the reliability of it how it will hold up to.street driving..I have a option of a hellion turbo I can swap..what do you think ? Thanks Darrell

·
Registered
21,849 Posts
you have not listed what this consists of

so I am being cautious.

Give more details of the combo

maybe I change my opinion

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's a older setup with intercooler 12 rib belt make 14lb of boost it also has the oil return not self contained..it's also a blow thru pro systems carb..

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The engine is a coasthigh motor..all forged hbeam rods stud heads..so I think the motor is good ..I haven't had much dealing with a super changer..I'm thinking of taking it off and going turbo..

·
Registered
912 Posts
I have a Procharger D1SC with about 30k+ miles with only a few problems along the way. Is that a stock block 347? If so that might be your weak link.

·
Premium Member
799 Posts
Blower is no problem, stock block will be the fuse. Blow thru won't be AS street friendly as EFI, but properly tuned, you should be ok. Depends on your use.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The block is a R block so not really worried about the bottom end ...it made mid 600hp on 14 lb ..I have heard of them being hard on the main bearing because of the pulley setup pulling on the crank.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts