Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
94gt. Not sure if these numbers are right where they should be or to low? Also how is the air fuel ratio, is it super safe? Mods are vortech v3 supercharger 11lbs, trick flow intake, trick flow heads, 75mm tb, 80mm mass air, f303 cam, shorty headers, bassani catted h pipe, dynomax catback, 42lb injectors, 340 in tank fuel pump.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
air fuel looks fine to me. They didn't get very aggressive with the timing at all. I would bet that it is around 16.5 degrees up top

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
yeah, you never know what you are going to get at the pumps. Truck drivers do make mistakes.

One issue I have with real conservative tunes is, if they are really conservative before the boost kicks in, I may not know that I have 87 in the tank. Where-as, if they are a bit more aggressive, I may hear detonation while not in boost. Which would keep me from boosting the engine until the gas is used up.

A meth kit does really help. The engine has a different feel to it when it kicks in. Sounds crazy, but it's true.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I had almost the same setup as you and made 480 to the tires on a little over 14 pounds of boost....Then I broke my crankshaft!!! What pulley are you using on the blower?

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Running 11lbs, and also forgot to mention it's a 65mm throttle body not 70 I was wrong also the car still has all smog equipment on it as well as flow catalytic converters. Don't know how much of a restriction that would be though..

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
I don't feel like smog would hurt it a whole heck of a lot. I noticed no gain when removing it from a stock vehicle. Now going with a high flow cat or catless exhaust with larger pipes would probably wake it up a good bit.

FYI, there is a 70mm (I think) and elbow at a pawn shop here in town. I bet it could be had pretty cheap. I can honestly not think of one 5.0 sn in this town.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You know I'm not sure. I just picked the car up and didn't even notice it. What I did just notice is the 2nd gear grind I'm pissed...

·
Registered
33 Posts
Some t-5's can handle the power and some won't! Mine started to get the death rattle just before I broke my original motor! It's the torque that hurts em. I would just drive until it goes. Then get a TKO 5 or 600 depending on the future numbers you want to make. You can look in my sig to see what I built. It's not a Cheap hobby!!!!

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
can hear the trans whine and 2nd gear is useless at this point it rarely goes in and at that you have to hold it in. Can't even start out in 2nd gear... Car is great and has allot of good parts and was done right no shortcuts or hacked wiring and such. The guy just screwed me with the trans don't know how he managed to not make it do it on the test drive...

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
the whine I don't know if I would be to worried about. Mine has done that for 10 years now.

but yeah, time to do some work

try shifting around 2300 while letting the rpms drop.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Needs a new iac. Rpms like to hang a little, hard to judge where there at sometimes they drop so slow. Small easy fix though..

·
Registered
481 Posts
I have the same set up but not the blower yet .have a 80 mm mass air. Same heads cam intake as well.I have long tubes as well.Should your injectors be 60 pound? How do you like your new set up?

·
Registered
5,104 Posts
Through a 5 speed? Yeah, it's a little low. But probably nice and safe. I made ~443 at 8 psi through an AOD with a rather inefficient Eaton on a 306 with the same top end as you, but with a Lunati 51014 cam; but I was pushing the timing about 4 degrees higher than you are. And then I cracked my block. I'd keep it where it is and enjoy it (once you fix the tranny).

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
I can't see the timing in the pic. What did I miss? AFR is lean IMO for a safe tune. So timing may be right. I would shoot for 11.2 afr. I also rum upper 20s for timing. I find high 11s for afr and low timing work for some. Lower afr's and the same timing will make more power and gives you the capability to raise timing for more power. However the old saying of a 5.0 at 500hp will go boom may come into play.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
You made about what I would expect with no cooling. The car likely wont keep timing in it. Mine did the same thing. Made almost another 100whp with shooting some meth in. Gained back all the timing it was pulling to keep the car from detonating. Throw an IC or meth in the mix and you will see the numbers you expect. Or have him throw some timing at it and pray

1 - 19 of 19 Posts