Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Maybe someone here can help. I ordered a turbo kit form MIKE @ TCI and paid the deposit back in march of this year. I have had no contact from him in the last three / four months other than one email two months ago.

Time Line:
*We went back and forth for a few months detailing my kit and getting the specifics...
*I Ordered and paid deposit ( 1/2 of total cost ) on 3-26-10
pm's back and forth to check on status...
*Occasional pm telling me he was behind ( 4-1-10 to 7-20-10)
*Three months ago ( 8-27-10 ) I was told it was finished and ready for coating and shipping.
*One month ago I received an email stating he was not finished with my kit and was working on some standard kits and pushed mine aside. hopefully finishing mine in the next week and shipping it out. ( 10-13-10 ) No contact since then....

I believe I have been more that accommodating and patient in this case. He will not return phone calls, emails or PM's on multiple boards... There are threads on several forums with people looking for him pertaining to kits they ordered and paid for... Any help or suggestions would be great.

Turbocharged Innovation www.turbochargedinnovation.com
Mike Arndt
1029 S.Nova Rd Unit D
Ormond beach, FL 32174

He refuses to return calls or answer emails. He has money from me and a few other guys for turbo kits we ordered.

I will be filing a police report in his local area and seeing if either paypal or my CC will do anything...

If this is the wrong forum, please direct me to the correct place.

Thanks for any help!!!

·
Registered
2,012 Posts

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
04Rayn used his kit and making great power but looks like he is F-ing with people . Hope you get your kit, most all looks like gonne get screwed .

http://www.modularfords.com/forums/showthread.php/162734-Turbocharged-Innovations
Yea his work is great. but business is not!!! I started and am part of several of the threads on mod fords, turboforums, here, and yellowbullet. He just needs to step up and take care of business.

also trying to keep others from getting burned by him...

·
Registered
4,744 Posts
Sorry to hear, but this crap is nothing new in the world of turbo kits.

Couldnt find a local shop to build one for you ?

·
Registered
854 Posts
Mike at tci is a big class act piece of shizz, he ruined a close friends of 01 cobra. He made and installed what seemed like a nice kit, but the turbo started smoking within 100 miles and the header gaskets cracked. Once you pay him though, he goes into hiding, and he even pulled down his website for a month or two. I wish you would have asked here first, I would have been glad to tell you.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Unfortunatlly I did ask around and do some searches. The guys on modford and turboforums all spoke highly of him... He talked a great game up front, was the only reason I went with him rather than local. Well semi local ( 5 hours away )... Looks like I will be filing charges. At this point, just trying to let others know so nobody else gets caught in the BS!!!

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Wow. What's in the water down there? I see a lot of people getting screwed by "shops" in the Tampa Bay/Orlando area. I've been kicking around the idea of moving to the area and opening a shop, but I don't know if I wanna get lumped in with these dildos haha.

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Ian sorry to hear abought your problem with him, I was gonna send him my manfolds to have the rest of the kit fabd up but be4 this I allready plaind on doing it my self to save $ but good luck to you

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
Hope you get your money back bro!

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
Man I'm sorry to hear this....it's very unfortunate that this is happening. Mike is a helluva fabricator. I couldn't be happier with my setup...I just wish he'd get his #### together and start cranking these things out! He'd make a killin....well I hope it comes to a peaceful solution.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I have given him many options and opportunities to make this right... Unfortunately he will not even respond.

·
Registered
868 Posts
Mike at tci is a big class act piece of shizz, he ruined a close friends of 01 cobra. He made and installed what seemed like a nice kit, but the turbo started smoking within 100 miles and the header gaskets cracked. Once you pay him though, he goes into hiding, and he even pulled down his website for a month or two. I wish you would have asked here first, I would have been glad to tell you.
Hope that's not Carmine you're referring to... there's much more to that story.

To the OP: I sent Mike a message on our local board to get back with you on this. He hasn't posted anything since May, but it's worth a shot.

·
Registered
854 Posts

To the OP: I sent Mike a message on our local board to get back with you on this. He hasn't posted anything since May, but it's worth a shot.
Mike can say what he wants about that dilemma, but I was there every step of the way. Manifold bolts were loose, gaskets cracked, and the turbo smoked the first night of leaving the shop. Regardless of what happened Mike wouldn't answer a phone call not even knowing that carmine had a complaint about the kit at that point in time. I know the installation had a rush on it due to thanks giving, but when you run a business you answer your phones, and stand by your work. There is no excuses. We must of called him 13 times in one sitting at my house alone.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

Thanks man! I appreciate it. HOPEFULLY he actually responds. I have been calling and leaving messages and sending emails from the last 5 months and nothing. Unfortunally I am not the only one. I know three other people in the same boat ( took our money and wont respond ) and another one that has already pressed charges against him. I dont want it to turn out that way for him but he is not giving me or the other guys much choice.

I haev even tried to offer a simple soloution to him and he will not respond... It was to just send me the headers and crossover pipe and we would part ways and I would build my own downpipe. Those parts would equal to the deposit I put down.

The only thing Im happy about is that I didnt pay the full amount up front....

You are more than welcome to PM me for more info. Any help is greatly appreciated!!!

I would much rather reach an amicable solution than go do the legal road. But he is not leaving many alternatives....

·
Registered
868 Posts
Mike can say what he wants about that dilemma, but I was there every step of the way. Manifold bolts were loose, gaskets cracked, and the turbo smoked the first night of leaving the shop. Regardless of what happened Mike wouldn't answer a phone call not even knowing that carmine had a complaint about the kit at that point in time. I know the installation had a rush on it due to thanks giving, but when you run a business you answer your phones, and stand by your work. There is no excuses. We must of called him 13 times in one sitting at my house alone.
That's messed up. But, it wasn't Mike that told me about his car...

BTK, I'll keep an eye out for him. Hope he gets his stuff in order; I was thinking about picking up a set of his headers in the coming year, but right now... :eeek:

·
Registered
854 Posts
That's messed up. But, it wasn't Mike that told me about his car...

BTK, I'll keep an eye out for him. Hope he gets his stuff in order; I was thinking about picking up a set of his headers in the coming year, but right now... :eeek:
He can do great work I've seen it. But after standing by the side of that #### storm I could not recommend anyone to volunteer to have him work on there car. I met him in person and he's a stand up guy. I don't what went wrong. I don't want anyone else going through the same dilemma. If you need any welding done I got a new job and can get your a good weld at a great price.

·
Registered
939 Posts
MS isnt far from FL!Maybe you need to take a road trip!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 - 20 of 43 Posts