Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have plains to go single turbo and I would like to know if theres anybody that sells a kit that retains the smog pump? All the pictures of turbo setups I see theres no smog pump. I really dont want to pay a $300+ ticket every time I pop my hood...

·
4,305 Posts
Cartech, Turbo Technology Inc, Turbotime, and Hellion are four companies that come to mind that I believe all let you retain the smog pump. I know the first three definitely do and pretty sure the 4th does. They all have websites with contact information, some of the sites are crappier than the others but I would not judge any of them based upon their website.

·
4,305 Posts
I actually got a ticket for a non functioning smog pump once and it was a lot of money. I got that ticket back in the mid 90s I would guess, which was long before they even did emissions testing down here and got so strict on things. Personally since kits exist that let you keep the stuff, I live under the theory of just keep it on there and make it look like it is working or just have it working not like it really hurts much of anything on a turbo street car.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts