Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i dynoed my car two weekends ago, and pulled a *****ty 232 the first pull, then 266 then 279 finally. Every run my car starting puffing smoke out the pipes above 6 grand or so in 4th gear. My question is that sometimes about say 5 grand my car wants to stall and feels like it dont have as much power as it should. What can i do, the car was never driven hard and i got it 6 months ago with 39K on it and now has 43. I have been told my valve springs are sticking, can anyone shed some light on this for me?
It had never been driven hard before my dyno and track runs two weeks ago...

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
DOHC_Josh said:
like, a lot of smoke? what color? maybe your o2 sensors are just worn out.
yeh a lot of smoke the first dyno pull, then less, then less the last pull, and im not sure of the color, but a friend told me my valves are sticking. However, i have been getting a check engine light since i got my offroadH with mil elims, and it shows a code for the oxygen sensor, which ive replaced with no luck. Would that light hurt my performance any??

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
anyone?

·
Registered
277 Posts
Computer does not make adjustments based on rear O2's, they're only there to set off the idiot light when your cats go bad or you remove them, they serve no other purpose. Sounds to me like 1) Your eliminators are not working properly or 2) Your MIL is not solely due to the O/R pipe.

Lon

1 - 5 of 5 Posts