Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious for a drag car. I live out here in california where it gets pretty hot so it'd be nice to drop the intake charge below ambient for a short quarter mile blast. Also, it seems like it would be pretty easy to do since there would be less piping. Anyone?

·
Registered
47 Posts
I ran a Cartech Outlaw system with an Igloo. Pictures are at:

http://groups.msn.com/shill1/dr10046.msnw

I've still got that discharge pipe between the turbo and throttle body if you decided to go that route. It's just sitting here. An HKS bypass fits on it.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Shane, that setup was totally what I was looking for. It's pretty simple but effective. No huge intercoolers up front and no crazy piping that takes so long to install. How much would it run me for a setup like that? I have a d1r sitting here that I'll probably use this year, but next year I'll probably switch over. What type of numbers does a setup like that put out?

·
Registered
47 Posts
I think you'd run about $2000 for the turbo kit minus turbo, intercooler and intercooler piping. A 74,76, or 80mm turbo will run you about $1700-1800, then the cost of igloo which you'll find used for about $2000. My car went 9.12 at 151 at 19psi with that setup. It had a lot more in it, but I was running out of ignition. The 6AL couldn't keep up once I tried to run it over 20psi. If I'd have swapped to a 7, I'm sure it would have went an 8 pretty easily.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts