Ford Mustang Forums banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
3,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
DIYPNPF60
7-1/2" L (6-7/8", not including mounting flanges or connector)
6-1/8" W
1-7/8" H

EEC-IV
6-7/8" (not including connector)
6-1/8" W
1-1/2" H
Thanks, it looks like it's slightly thicker than the ms2's published dims 6.2x4x1.75 (7.2x4x1.75 with the flanges)
L W H
MS2 6.2 4 1.75
DIYPNP 6.875 6.125 1.785

Looks like I'll be mocking it up.

·
Registered
3,563 Posts
Make it fit.

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
I'll revise the description if there is some expectation of the DIYPNP fitting in the stock location. (This is true for all DIYPNPs.) If you can PM me your email, I'll check what came of discussing hosting additional directions.

·
Registered
3,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
I'll revise the description if there is some expectation of the DIYPNP fitting in the stock location. (This is true for all DIYPNPs.) If you can PM me your email, I'll check what came of discussing hosting additional directions.
I think the "PNP" verbiage infers that it should fit into the stock location. A simple way around this would be a statement that reminds the user of the generic PNP case and that it may not fit in the stock location. Of course, it may also help to provide the overall sizes of the case in the product description as well.

I think many of us would prefer to not see the finished product which presents some issues with generic case sizes.

·
Registered
3,563 Posts
I think the "PNP" verbiage infers that it should fit into the stock location. A simple way around this would be a statement that reminds the user of the generic PNP case and that it may not fit in the stock location. Of course, it may also help to provide the overall sizes of the case in the product description as well.

I think many of us would prefer to not see the finished product which presents some issues with generic case sizes.
Having a stock connector also infers that the case fits in the stock location, unless there is a statement to the contrary, which there is not.

·
Registered
1,597 Posts

·
Registered
3,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
I have added this note to the DIYPNP main catalog page:

"Note that while DIYPNPs plug into the stock ECU wiring, we cannot promise they will fit in the stock ECU location. The DIYPNP is a bit taller than most factory ECUs. Some relocation or modifying ECU mounting components is often required."

DIYPNP - The Build It Yourself Plug and Play ECU! Megasquirt Kits / Assembled Engine Management Systems, Wideband o2 Sensor Systems and tuning products - DIYAutoTune.com
Looks good.

It would be nice too if you listed official size for the DIYPNP case somewhere.

·
Registered
3,563 Posts
Could have made it smaller so no one will see it.

We know the Ford won't fit, put the statement in big, bold type, right here:
DIYPNP Ford 60 pin EEC-IV Unassembled Kit DIYAutoTune.com

Add the dimensions, too.

DIYPNPF60
7-1/2" L (6-7/8", not including mounting flanges or connector)
6-1/8" W
1-7/8" H

·
Registered
333 Posts
Just came across this looking for something else. The DIYPNP WILL FIT IN A SN95. It's in mine and has been there for a couple of years. I removed the plastic retainer bracket that holds the factory ecu at the top, routed my MAP hose out of the door frame/jamb area with a grommet and routed my serial cable so it lives in the glove box.I padded the ecu area with a little dense foam. Fits nice and snug. No rattles. Getting the small bolts out that hold the retainer is a little tricky.

·
Registered
3,563 Posts
I actually like it better mounted like this. Can be removed from bracket in less than 1 minute. Then remove connector while it lying on the floor. Also, gives a place for the WBO2 controller to reside. WBO2 Controller relay is inside the kick panel.

Attachments

21 - 31 of 31 Posts