Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just had 94 gt dynoed few days ago and didn't make what I thought it should've heres the mods and graph
Mods:
stock 302 crank rods and block
stock heads with some cleanup on the exhaust ports
Arp head studs and main cap bolts
stock cam and intake
forged 9.5:1 compression pistons
60lb siemens injectors
340 aeromotive intank pump
hpx slot maf
cartech street sleeper turbo kit with a 61mm precision making 8 psi not sure the a/r on the turbo
3 core air to air intercooler
3 in downpipe to dual 2.5 inch flowmasters
38mm tial wastegate

Well for some reason I can see image but you cant heres link
Car made 295 hp and 394 torq
http://s18.postimg.org/9tnysy3vt/IMG.jpg

·
Registered
994 Posts
I see no graph. What's the numbers?

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No leaks makes 8 psi almost instantly but I think the a/r on the Turbo is really small could this be the cause not sure on timing

·
Registered
3,335 Posts
ask your tuner how much total timing he has in it

·
Registered
1,977 Posts
the flowmasters arent helping you thats for sure but not that much low on numbers...how are the valve springs?...what rpm did you pull it to?...what is timing?..spark blow out? just things to check...

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
looks like they pulled it to 6000 but it fell off at 5400 valve springs are stock the car pulls hard down low but falls on its face uptop

·
Registered
5,219 Posts
Flowmasters on a turbo car are no bueno. Get a straight thru muffler on there ASAP.

I can't see your graph, but it could be ignition-related. Possibly blowing out spark up top?

·
Registered
1,977 Posts
looks like they pulled it to 6000 but it fell off at 5400 valve springs are stock the car pulls hard down low but falls on its face uptop
I bet the springs are weak your lossing power there....

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'm not sure on springs machinist redid heads and assembled them was strapped for cAsh so didn't bother buying new springs this shouldn't be costing me that much power tho should it?

·
Registered
1,977 Posts
It might...the valves might not be holding boost bleeding down..just throwing this out there..or spark blow out what Ignition do you have?..what are the plugs gapped at? so many things to check....

·
Registered
1,977 Posts

·
Registered
5,219 Posts
Stock ignition and Flows needs to go...

·
Registered
5,219 Posts
Easy test, put fresh plugs in it with .020-022" gap and make another pull. You'll know right away if it was the ignition. You can't assume anything with a FI car....

Turbo cars should n e v e r run a chambered muffler. Too much back pressure. The exhaust needs to FLOW with all that volume. Throw on some Dynomax Ultraflos. You'll pick up power.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts