Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I tried to replace my CCRM today but had to stop working on it in order to not miss dinner.

There are two bolts holding the CCRM to the radiator bracket. I was able to remove the upper-right bolt, but not the lower-left bolt. I disconnected both the upper radiator hose and the CCRM harness plug and moved them out of the way, and could reach the bolt with the same small socket wrench I was using for the other bolt, but the socket is not turning/getting a grip on the bolt, and it's in a tough place to see what the issue is. It doesn't appear that the bolt head is stripped.

Any tips? Thanks in advance for the help.

·
Registered
1,773 Posts
Why not unbolt the bracket that the CCRM is attached to from the rad support? Two bolts at the rad support and the one that holds the over flow bottle in place.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Why not unbolt the bracket that the CCRM is attached to from the rad support? Two bolts at the rad support and the one that holds the over flow bottle in place.
I thought about that, but it looked like it would be a decent amount of work to remove/disconnect the bracket and overflow bottle, no?

·
Premium Member
3,212 Posts
I thought about that, but it looked like it would be a decent amount of work to remove/disconnect the bracket and overflow bottle, no?
Nope. Pull the bolts, disconnect the overflow hose and low-coolant sensor (if equipped), and lift it right out.

When re-installing, be sure the tab on the bottom of the reservoir slides into the slot in the lower rad support.

Andy

EDIT: After thinking on this, you should be able to simply pull the bracket *without* removing the bottle. Just remove the single bolt holding the bracket to to bottle (or bottle to the bracket) :p
Pull the two bolts holding the bracket to the radiator support, and there you go.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Nope. Pull the bolts, disconnect the overflow hose and low-coolant sensor (if equipped), and lift it right out.

When re-installing, be sure the tab on the bottom of the reservoir slides into the slot in the lower rad support.

Andy
2nd this method, been there, done it!>:)

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
yea no need to remove the bottle. That bracket just holds the CCRM and the top part of the bottle. The bottom of the bottle will still be supported

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys, you made my life much easier. Was a breeze once I removed the top bracket.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts