Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok well i bought this short block from a guy i kinda know. the block was " rebuilt with TRW pistons and molly rings and bearings, also a high volume oil pump, well as i look deeper in this motor i see that the pistons say FORD on them and TRW with this # E7ZE-CA, are thies the factory pistons or are they the after market piston like the guy said they were.
also on this pump im having some question because of the piston deal im beging to wounder about everything in this damn motor but anyways the pump has this number AH89N then it says USA im guessing thats where its made but just though i would let you guys know.
i bough the motor for 300$ and he did give me 2 cams but now im starting to wounder about them too. i also got a 7 guart oil pan with a center force clutch disk "used a little" he told me the bottom end has been rebuilt and that i would need to replace the roller lifters and the push rods. well hell ya i need to cause they were kinda worn. i took a ride in the car b4 the motor was pulled and it was strong. then again it was on boost. 10lbs at that.
help me out thanks

·
Registered
5,511 Posts
Well if they said Ford on them your best bet is they are factory. As far as the pump and that other people will be able to tell you. But know with melling pumps they say on them M83-HV... HV for high volume. But other brands may be different.

SVT

·
Registered
751 Posts
trw pistons came in some ford engines...on the bottom side they sat trw and the top they have the ford part number. they could have been stock replacement pistons. i thin its a good deal for $300 anyway

·
Registered
700 Posts
For $300 you got a good deal, but I am almost positive that is NOT a melling pump.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well i know i got a good deal. but im just kinda mad that the guy told me i was getting more then what i really got. o ya and he said the oil pan had a crank scraper on it and what do you know it DONT!!!! ya its a 7 quart but still. i took a soft wheel grinding tool and cleaned off all the gaskets and the tops of the pistons and the pistons seem to me to look in good shape. 1 or 2 of them have some small pits but after kinda roughing them up with the soft rotary tool you cant even feel them.
also when the pistons are at TDC i can move them from side to side just a hair, is that normal?
thanks for all your info its really helping me out. i dont want to put this thing together and it dont even run. it was running good 1 day b4 i bough it .

·
Registered
6,395 Posts
biggyfan1 said:
well i know i got a good deal. but im just kinda mad that the guy told me i was getting more then what i really got. o ya and he said the oil pan had a crank scraper on it and what do you know it DONT!!!! ya its a 7 quart but still. i took a soft wheel grinding tool and cleaned off all the gaskets and the tops of the pistons and the pistons seem to me to look in good shape. 1 or 2 of them have some small pits but after kinda roughing them up with the soft rotary tool you cant even feel them.
also when the pistons are at TDC i can move them from side to side just a hair, is that normal?
thanks for all your info its really helping me out. i dont want to put this thing together and it dont even run. it was running good 1 day b4 i bough it .

take the shortblock apart and inspect.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts