Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have searched both corral and stangnet threads. I also read parts review at stangnet. It will between Springs (Eibach sport,Pro) and Shocks (Koni or Tokico adjustable) and C/C plates. The questions are:

Spring Isolators - keep old, none, buy aftermarket?

Bump Steer - Do I need a new End link to compensate geometery to sway bar?

Rear Axle Bump Stop Bushing - Won't the stock be too long? Shouldn't I get a shorter one?

Shocks - Which, Koni or Tokico is easier to adjust for the rear shocks in a vert? I think the floor cover should be cut to allow access to the setting.

Car is a 2k1 vert and has 8,500 miles on it.

Thanks for input.

·
Registered
527 Posts
Originally posted by Fast Eddie 2k1 GT Spring Isolators - keep old, none, buy aftermarket?
Keep the old ones. They will work perfectly fine.

Originally posted by Fast Eddie 2k1 GT Bump Steer - Do I need a new End link to compensate geometery to sway bar?
Don't worry about it. This is a big misconception. You only need it for radical drops. Most people that I have heard of adding new offset bushings have made things worse.

Originally posted by Fast Eddie 2k1 GT Rear Axle Bump Stop Bushing - Won't the stock be too long? Shouldn't I get a shorter one?
Yep, the stock one will be too long. You have 3 options.
1) buy a new aftermarket one
2) trim the one you have
3) remove it completely

I did #2 first, but I did not do it enough so I selected #3. Has been working just fine with out it. If I every get around to it I might go with #1 since they only cost around $10.

Don't know much about shocks.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
bump stop

You definitely need a new pinion snubber. H&R springs come with a new one. You may want to think about them instead. I don't think Eibach makes the sportlines for the vert. H&R supersports look really good on the verts. You may want to do a search for these on the forum. I've seen lots of pics.

Ken

·
Registered
468 Posts
I didn't need to change shocks, isolators, or add c&c plates with my Eibach Pro's.
Rear Axle Bump Stop Bushing - Won't the stock be too long? Shouldn't I get a shorter one?
The Eibach Pro-Kit comes with one. 1 1/2" drop isn't that big of a deal. Definetly makes the car look much better though.

·
Registered
527 Posts
Here you go:

1.-I say take your isolators out, I installed Intrax on mine and they didn't drop the 2". took out the isolators and there it was and they rode much better too. Some springs drop height is calculated with the isolators removed. I also haven't heard a sound from the springs without the isolators.

2.-I don't know much about this. Have heard that with a 1.5 or more you need shorter sway bar end links like Saleen. Do not know about bump steer enough to tell you if you should put a bump steer kit in though, maybe ask the auto cross guys.

3.-You will definitly need to change that out and should get one in your spring set. Mine came with one.

4.-I chose Bilsteins for my ride, love them. Don't know about adjustables, but at least you are going to change out your shocks because those that say they didn't have to haven't driven their car long enough for their stock struts/shocks to wear out.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts