Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Bendix brakes (on advancedauto web site the state OE replacment). Any ways are these decent brakes they are $40.00's so they are not the cheapest they have. How do these compare to the stock ones?

Also I went to Steeda's page (I say a few people state that they where recomended) to look at their brakes. Which one are you guys talking about the street, plus, or racing?

Wife will not let me spent a lot of money on the car so the racing ones are out of the question.

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Can't comment on the Bendix Units, but I bought the Performance Friction Carbon Metallic pads for the fronts and the equivalent brand for the rear brakes from AutoZone. Lifetime warranty, so I guess you end up getting free brake pads for life? FWIW, a lot of the budget racers in the AutoX/Road Race Forum use the PF pads from AutoZone.

Replace your front brake lines if you go with a better pad material. The added heat from the better pads can cause your front lines to swell and explode under heavy duty use(ie--- big AutoX tracks, open track, severe street duty braking). I bought the stainless steel lines from Maximum Motorsports.

Hope that helps.

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
I don't have any personal experience with these myself but most people on here seem to like Hawk pads. Do a search on them.

I don't really know the price, but if your on a budget just get OEM pads.

Eric

1 - 7 of 7 Posts