Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
763 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so my car got a little bit closer to race car instead of DD. im trying to remove weight where ever i can so i took out some stuff i deemed un-necessary. so i took out the washer resivour, which was about half full. ( might get some mixed oppinions about this one) but i took out the pass air bag, the driver was already gone since i put in a grant racing wheel, and the air bag sensors attatched to the rad support since they are now useless. i pulled all the interior and ripped out all those hard yellow foam things on the back in the interior panels, and any other foam padding i found.(all interior panels went back in tho.) i pulled the carpet and ripped off the jute on the bottom.( that suff is surprisingly heavy cause there is a layer of tar paper in there). thats about it tho. so when i was all done i put everythin in a trash bag and it was right about 40 lbs. i didnt notice any different in cabin noise eigther. and it was free to do. i still have full interior, incl. rear seat and a system w/ amp and sub so i can listen to music to and from the track that i could ditch but not ready to do that yet. thats is all for now.

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
Might want to check out some alum/fabricated front/rear bumper beams. Not free, but if you're looking to drop weight, your overhangs can make a difference.

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
I would imagine not louder, but more susceptible to "ping's" and "tang's" from rocks contacting the metal.

I got that just from going with a tube K-member.

·
Registered
763 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Might want to check out some alum/fabricated front/rear bumper beams. Not free, but if you're looking to drop weight, your overhangs can make a difference.
i actually thought about that but wanted to do stuff at the cost of free.

·
Registered
763 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
it really didnt make ride louder?
i honestly can't tell any noticeable difference is noise. my exhaust is really loud so i think that masks alot of other road noises tho.

any other ideas of stuff i can ditch? i was thinking all the cruise control stuff but i still drive it to the track and trips so i use it alot. i want the stereo and full interior to stay for now also.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts