Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, just bought a cobra system 8 densecharger and trying to get it installed before my dyno test tomorrow.... however I had a hell of a time putting it in with the elbow in the right fender due to the AIR unit. Anyone else have these issues, and how in the hell did you work around it? :)

So far I've unbolted the AIR piece of crap and took out the elbow, the filter is now in the "UP" position.

Thanks,

-DSal

·
Registered
136 Posts
I had the filter in the down position and put it throught the fender well from the bottom and it just hung through the hole. I pulled it throught the rest of the way from above. I had the tb forward kit and put everything else together with soapy water at the edges and it all slipped together fine in the engine compartment. Good luck

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Yes I had a hard time too since I had that smog pump in the fender (stupid tree lovers). If you already have an o/r hpipe, you don't need the pump since it's not doing anything for you. However, you will get a code to the computer but it won't hurt performance.
Basically the air pump is bolted down to a bracket by 3 bolts. The bracket is bolted down by 3 bolts as well. You have to disconnect the wiring harness from the pump, tape them up and wire tie them to the fender. The air hoses goes to two solenoids ( I think that's what they are) that feed air into the headers. I basically cut the rubber hoses off those two solenoids and pulled it out with the pump.

After you get all of that stuff out of there, its a lot easier to put it in the down position.

John

1 - 3 of 3 Posts