Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking into purchasing the Densecharger fitting from the MAF to the throttle body, I have a strut tower brace though and was curious if I would need to take that off???

·
Registered
152 Posts
I got mine last Fridday (full kit) Sunday morning I decided to install it, I had a lot of trouble fitting it on with the STB so I took the STB off to install the Densecharger thinking I'd put the STB on after it was fully installed. I had got it all hooked up and was about to install the STB again but there was just no way I could get it to fit with the TB to MAF piece on it. I ended up taking it off and I'm gonna send it back (the TB to MAF only, the rest fit well). I really like the STB and am not willing to take it off. I've heard some people have had success with it but I personally did not, plus I was in a hurry cuz I needed to catch a plane to Vegas :) and I couldnt get that off my mind. YMMV. I just got back into town and havent been able to finish the install so I cant give you my impressions yet, I'm finishing it when I get off work. C-ya

Alex

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Alex--- I am not sure if you did the required mods to your STB or not. However, on my car the pipe fit just fine. I had to remove a tab on the STB that stuck out and I also had to remove one of the 4 studs that helps hold the plug wire cover onto the valve cover. Other than that, the pipe fits very nicely.

There should be pics from my engine compartment with the densecharger AND strut brace installed. It is a tight fit, but they DO both fit on the car. Hope that helps.

·
Registered
152 Posts
I havent sent the TB to MAF piece back yet and would love to utilize the larger ducting for the TB to MAF. I was never informed of any STB modifications? can you elaborate on them? I would really like to see how the kit fit on your Cobra. Are the pics on a site? Can you possibly send me the URL or email them to [email protected]. Thanks! And just for the record to all others out there- I never ssaid that it wouldnt fit, just that I couldnt get it to go with limited time and Black Jack and booze on my mind :D

Alex

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Alex,

No problem man. I will be sending you some pics via email. For others, the pic of the Full DC system installed on my 96 Mystic Cobra is on the following page in the bottom right corner.

For the mods, it will be pretty easy to see what needs to be removed when you start trying to fit the pipe on. The lower front stud on the valve cover needs to be removed. Then a small triangle from the STB needs to be cut off with a hacksaw.

I sent John all the info regarding what needs to be modified for the pipe to fit with the STB. Hopefully he will include my instructions with the powerpipes he sends out in the future.

http://www.densecharger.com/engine.htm

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Called them about exactly the same thing. The guy at DeMolet (sic?) said minor mods are required and offered to fax me the instructions. I'm guessing he hasnt got the instructions updated yet. But he was very open and direct about it, he said I will have to remove some material in the corner of the STB as has been indicated in this thread.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Could you email me the pics of where to hack off the piece of the STB, thanks RIck.

Thanks.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Hey could some one send me pics. of how to fit the complete set up under my STB. I have a 97 cobra and wasn't sure what modifications to make so I can fit the upper part of the Densecharger under it.
Also- were hoses provided so you could connect the TB to MAF pipe to the PCV- the factory hoses don't reach the Densecharger pipe on my car + I didn't get any hoses with mine :mad:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts