Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
839 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well i noticed when i get on it now my wideband shows 21.9 when the boost kicks in. My fuel pressure stays at about 48-49psi on the rail according my fuel pressure gauge. Wtf??????

Any ideas? If i was out of fuel pump wouldn't the pressure drop?

It is a 3 month old innovate wideband and a brand new Dakota digital fuel pressure gauge and sending unit.

·
Registered
839 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No changes other than having the front bumper repainted :)

Sometimes it feels strong sometime not so much. I know my wastegate is leaking past the firing ring so i dont get real boost until about 4k now and it does come on a lot slower but i wldnt think that would cause a lean condition.

I did pop the heater core hose and just swapped it out. Checked the plugs, plug wells, and coils and made sure all were clean.

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
do you have to calibrate innovate wideband i wouldnt know. if you dont hear any pinging and if car doesnt feel any different then prob a bad sensor maybe take it out and clean it? if you know someone wiht the same wideband or a dyno shop prob worth getting it checked out.

·
Registered
839 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It reads great all time without boost. 14.7+- at idle and goes down to 11-12 like is should until boost hits

·
Registered
839 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just went for a 40 mile ride on the highway. It doesn't matter what gear I boost in it will read great for about 2 seconds of full boost then it very rapidly climbs to 21.9 no pinging no loss of power during this. I checked the wideband o2 wires and noting looks damaged or burnt

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
yea idk buddy could be the sensor.

my buddy had something similar happen to him when he had some exhaust leaks right before the wide band. it was the vband on the turbo. but other then that have a dyno shop look at it, find someone local that has the same wideband so you can just try there sensor. or buy a new sensor best i cant say sorry.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Im haveing a similar problem with a aem wideband, its about 2 years old. Car runs fine, but wot it reads 15-16 but under boost in partial throttle its 11-11.2. I dont know my fuel pressure, that will be checked this weekend on the rollers. Im also going to a 300gph to replace my 5 year old wally 255. Replaced my old fuel filter as well.

·
Registered
839 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
My Wideband is 3 months old. I just recalibrated it to see if it helps. I do think I may have a Fuel pump issue. I noticed yesterday under boost it was reading about 42PSI with 8lb of boost. I think it should be around 48. It looked like it was dropping a bit but since it happens above 4k rpm it is hard to find an area to stay in it long enough to really watch it.
I have a cobra tank with dual pumps maybe the PPRV delete will help or one of the pumps is cutting out or dead?????????

·
Registered
538 Posts
Change the sensor! It's 50 bucks at oreillys. With a warranty

93 notch t67 forged 15#s built aod enough said

07 cummins fast as f$ck

·
Registered
839 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Change the sensor! It's 50 bucks at oreillys. With a warranty

07 cummins fast as f$ck
I can kind of agree with that but why would it be great read perfect until about 4k rpm then drop off almost instantly to 21.9 dead lean? works great when cruising and under boost until 4k in any gear then drops to lean.

·
Registered
839 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
That is my thought. Would be a good time to pprv delete too i think. Get rid of that restriction and the fall on your face between shifts issue.

Dual cobra pumps should be good for well over 400rwhp right?

Next step is the hardest. Burn 3/4 of a tank of gas without boosting nooooo i have to cruise in my mustang oh how awful. :evil:

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
Does it fall on its face at 20.9? if its out of fuel it will be just like you turned the key off. Had the same thing happen car pulled hard but wideband said 20.9 ...it was a bad wideband sensor

·
Registered
538 Posts
Well how can it go that lean! 21.9 is max lean in sensor. I think it's faulty. If it doesn't fix the issue return it.

07 cummins fast as f$ck

·
Registered
839 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
It doesn't fall on its face but it doesn't feel as strong as it did. My fuel pressure last night was at about 42psi and i can't be sure but it looked like it was slowly dropping under boost

1 - 20 of 28 Posts