Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
705 Posts
Yep the Mt Airy and Eldersburg shows a really big every weekend almost. Part of it is that every other person in the area owns a classic or muscle car. I live 10 minutes from there in a small neighberhood and atleast 10 people own some classic car.

·
Registered
245 Posts
ZachW04Stang said:
Yep the Mt Airy and Eldersburg shows a really big every weekend almost. Part of it is that every other person in the area owns a classic or muscle car. I live 10 minutes from there in a small neighberhood and atleast 10 people own some classic car.
Hey Zach!

As Zach indicates, both the Mt. Airy Jimmy Cone and Eldersburg Home Depot cruises get really busy: we've had instances where the lots are completely filled and you need to park in the back!! You really need to get there by 5:00pm if you want to park your ride in a cherry spot. The only larger shows I know of are the Ocean City spring and fall cruise-ins. We've heard of some good ones in Frederick but haven't yet checked them out. We're recent transplants to Carroll County coming from Anne Arundel.

You guys should stop by next spring and check out our rides. I won't have much done on the '05, but Zach is plugging away at his '86.

John

·
Registered
861 Posts
My car is hard to miss. 17ft of woodgrain, bullitts, and a fairly loud, very out of place exhaust note.

I know the Jimmie Cone gets packed. Usually no parking and 20 minutes to get ice cream. I'll have the truckster out there a few times this year. It'll be the only modded squire there...

·
Registered
170 Posts
I usually go to the Mt. Airy show and it's packed but there are always great cars. Look for the Cool Blue Mustang and say hi.

·
Registered
108 Posts
getting too big?

MustangTurboCoupe said:
Kinda surprised that the Mt.Airy Jimmie Cone cruise is one of the larger ones in MD....
Yeah, I was surprised too, just started going this past year. I heard that there was a chance that it was gone from there... the Food Lion (or similar) was not happy about how big the meet was getting...taking all their parking. I heard that it's definitely still a go though for this coming year, but I wonder about the following one. It is definitely getting crowded there. We're going to have to find an abandoned Wal-Mart next year. (HA! fat chance)

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
not trying to jack the thread but is anyone going to oc in october

1 - 11 of 11 Posts