Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for some opinions and recommendations.

Just finished installing my Kenne Bell 2.1L on my 2003 GT. I want to be able to monitor AFR / Lambda and Boost as a minimum.

All I have right now is an SCT X4. Although SCT doesn't make it abundantly clear anywhere, it can be set up to monitor a wideband for AFR. However, it is difficult to visually monitor and doesn't monitor boost.

I like the Zeitronix because you can get all readings on one gauge. I think that the general consensus is that the data logging is good.

AEM looks like you need at least two gauges. I think that the general consensus is that the data logging is good.

Then there is PLX that has a system that can link everything right to your iPhone. A neat looking thing. No cluttering with gauges. they are there just when you need them. However, it is really hard to find info on PLX on the forums good or bad. I haven't found anything about their data logging capabilities.

I know that there are other like Innovate that seem to have less favorable feedback.

Let me know what you like, what works and what doesn't.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I went ahead and purchased the Innovate Motorsports PSB-1 failsafe gauge. Good price. Two gauges in one. I don’t like having to “open air” calibrate the Wideband but can live with it.

I am not exactly sure how to wire the failsafe for exceeding AFR limit.

For failsafe, Innovate has instructions to trigger a boost controller. But that’s not applicable for the KB. Can this be configured to cut ignition?

·
Registered
21,872 Posts
the KB has a bypass? correct?

you can be innovative and use a solenoid to a vac storage tank to use it to close the bypass and remove boost

1 - 3 of 3 Posts