Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I stopped at the gas station tonight and when I turned my car back on the right half of my tach and the left half of my voltmeter gauge was dark. Is it a bulb behind the gauges that blew? Do I have to take all the gauges off to get at it? If so, I might get me some white face gauges since I'm gonna have to take them off anyway, that was the only reason I never got them. But is there a way to change the bulb without the pain in the @$$ of taking the gauges off? thanks.
-Adam

·
Registered
452 Posts
To change the bulbs you have to remove the instrument cluster.

It is not that hard, I find the hardest part removing the headlight switch. Look in a Chiltons or similar for pictures and directions.

·
Registered
10 Posts
heheheh

DUDE the EXACT thing happened to me and i did exactly what you did which is get some white face gauges.

Ok changing the bulbs is easy as hell. you just take the pod out which is two torqs to remove the outer plastic then four to remove the actuall pod. there are 6 big bulbs that cost me 75 cents at the local ford dealership and there are like 13 or so tiny bulbs that light things like the turn signals, seat belt light, highbeam indicator, etc. you just turn it, pul it out and replace. may take you 10 to 15 min total. now replacing the gauges are easy setting the needles to the proper place is the hard part. GOOD LUCK.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks, I'm definitely gonna pick me up some white face gauges.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts