Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for a new block for my next motor I am trying to decide between the Dart 8.2 and the World 8.2

My stock block 347 decided to split Sunday, it made it 3 years so I guess I can't complain.

I would like some pros and cons of each brand based on experience. (like any extra machining or fitment issues with parts.)

Motor will be NA and could see 7500 to 8000 RPM in the 1/4 ( I mostly run 1/8 mile but would like something that could handle the RPM)

Just want to know if the Dart is worth the price difference over the World.

TIA,
Chad

·
Registered
163 Posts
if your gonna use the hyd. roller came out of your stock block then the world or frpp boss block would be a good choice. the dart requires extra machining or the use of tie bar lifters. other than that any one of them is a nice piece.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Just want to know if the Dart is worth the price difference over the World.

TIA,
Chad
Hey Chad. Im new to the forum as i've just recently posted. I am not the most technical person to help with your question, but every little bit of feedback helps. We use dart blocks at our shop! In our big boy motors that need to handle that RPM. Im not saying go to our web and by, I am just giving my two sense. We use dart blocks. Period. They Hold Up, we Trust em and if it were me i would go with what you trust, has a low failure rate and will give you the most for your money.

Now. I don't know much about world. I just know what works for us. Dart I trust, handles the power we put through it and lasts. Dart would be my choice.

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
Hey Chad. Im new to the forum as i've just recently posted. I am not the most technical person to help with your question, but every little bit of feedback helps. We use dart blocks at our shop! In our big boy motors that need to handle that RPM. Im not saying go to our web and by, I am just giving my two sense. We use dart blocks. Period. They Hold Up, we Trust em and if it were me i would go with what you trust, has a low failure rate and will give you the most for your money.

Now. I don't know much about world. I just know what works for us. Dart I trust, handles the power we put through it and lasts. Dart would be my choice.
This is a somewhat of a technical question the op asked and you just gave him your ..Two sense?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts