Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found a new/unfinished bore DART SHP 302 8.2 deck bare block for sale. They are asking $1250 for it but it has one issue, a crack. See the pic below, this crack is in the front main. They say to use a longer thread stud that goes deeper in the hole or it can be welded. Can this be fixed for reasonable cost? Or can I simply use a longer stud as they say? Or is it a dead block?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,356 Posts
Run away. Block is junk.

·
Premium Member
1,125 Posts
Don’t be dumb

·
Registered
3,047 Posts
There have been several of those floating around. A few SBC versions out this way and a couple SBF's as well. One of the SBC versions has been for sale for, gosh, a decade? Last I looked it was down to something like $400. To me, I'd take about $20 for it...IOW, they'd have to pay me to take it...which would be what it cost me to load it into the truck and drive it to the scrap metal yard. From there it would get sold a dozen times to a half dozen different countries, ending up in a 3rd world and melted down to make Fiat (Dodge) parts.

·
Registered
989 Posts
The sad part is, it looks like an aluminum block. If you were handy with a welder, a TimeSert, and luck, it might actually work for a little while. But risky AF.

And sure as hell not $1,250.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts