Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,975 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got this 95 crapero on trade for labor so I'm not bitching about that, but dang this car is built super cheap. [I'm trying to repair everything so I can sell it this spring]

Since I've owned nothing, but Mustangs over the years I believe I can speak from experience that Mustangs are just better built than the craperos, at least in these years from 87-93.

First all of these problems on this car [from my research] are common to that gen crapero.

First, the upper dash is cracked into pieces like peanut brittle. Never seen a dash from an 87-93 Mustang cracked.

Second, the door hinges all need new bushings as well as a lift with a jack to get them working/closing correctly. Never had a problem with my old Fox Mustangs.

Third, the door stuck shut. This is the second time this has happened, and I had to drill out the latch to get it to open. This was after the first time where I bought a new door handle, and lubed everything. Again, never had a problem like that with any of the ten Fox Mustangs I've owned, and still own.

The plastic fenders are warped making hood/fender alignment a nightmare.

Instead of using a hood prop to hold the hood open, like a Mustang, the chebby has the gas struts which of course don't work.

Oh, and "optispark" on the lt1 engines, nothing else need to be said about that junk. I know the Mustangs/Ford had the ignition module problems, but they were much cheaper, and way easier to replace than the turd that is optispark.

And, last the clear coat has lifted, needed a full repaint.

Man will I be glad to get rid of this pos. Like I said, these aren't just problems with the crapero I'm working on, but they are problems with ALL craperos of that gen [gen 4].

Disclaimer, I know the Mustangs have their fair share of problems, but dang this is one instance where chevy definitely beats Ford hands down.

Oh, and I'm sure this thread will bring out all of the gm babies on this a FORD MUSTANG forum.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Bought a foxbody from a Catapillar diesel engineer who was it's only owner, what a flawless car inside and out, perfect mechanically and was for many years.

Bought a foxbody from Joe Dirt, it was the fastest car in his trailer park, what a complete piece of trash that car was, mechanical, electrical, asthetic problems, it had them all.

I think a cars past owners have the largest impact, either way, good luck.

·
Premium Member
1,125 Posts
You can polish a turd, but at the end of the day it’s still a piece of sh*t.

Don’t think this phrase works here, but it sounds cool!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts