Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I go today to buy my '96 Mystic Cobra that I have been looking at for a week (low milage, GREAT price.) I had been in contact with the salesman daily about my loan status (went through my credit union, CHEAP rates). I even talked to him yesterday afternoon 3 times !! Suring the third conversation I told him that I had the money coming from the credit union and would be at the dealership at 9:00 am this morning. He told me that there was one other person looking at the car but he didn't have the money yet and that the car was mine if I still wanted it. I said I did and would see him in the morning. So I leave work 5 hours early to go get my new toy only to find out that they sold the car to someone else last night!!!!! Not only was I disappointed that the car was sold, I was extremely pissed off that I lost 5 hours of pay for nothing!!! They say that they are going to find me another one but I told him that the only reason I was buying the car was because it was a Mystic. (I had originally started looking for a '99 or newer GT.) He said that they will find one. We'll see.

Thanks for letting me vent.

Sorry for the long post.:livid: :livid: :livid:

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You don't happen to know what they are asking do you?

·
Registered
312 Posts
not sure , i will find out . both have low miles . I know 1 has 1617 miles on it and the wanted 25,900 when I looked at it about 3 weeks ago . email me if you want the contact info .....

Slick

·
Registered
3,557 Posts
I think that salesman sold you out..... (and probably got more $$ out of it by selling it to the other dude, he was just "doing his job" I'm sure) :rolleyes:

Don't do business with him again, that's for sure. Sorry to hear about that, I would hate to have a car like that swept out from under me.... :(

·
Registered
253 Posts
As#H*/! Dealer, Call the salesmanger and give em hell!!!

·
Registered
157 Posts
That is truely a bummer. But Money talks, so the first guy to show up with the money got the car. It would have been nice had they called you, however. Next time, put down a small deposit to hold the car... get it in writing.

Speaking of next time... I'll bet you can find a Mystic if you search the classified, Ebay, etc. Probably from a private party.

Sorry you lost your deal. It really does suck.

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
Damn that does su*ck.

steve97Cobra is correct. Next time you want something, just put a small deposit down on it and it would have been yours.

Same thing happened to me several years ago, waiting for financing through credit union (too slow sometimes) and the car got sold. I could not blame the salesman, it was my fault for not putting the money up.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I found out after talking with the sales manager that one of the other salesmen sold it to the other guy for 2000 more than I was going to pay. I guess it is true what they say... money talks, bull s*** walks. Damn them.

·
Registered
38 Posts
that **** is for moon crickets. i would have killed him.

just my opinion

·
Registered
17 Posts
Man that sucks . Should have put some money down !! If you check e-bay . You might find a 96 mystic cobra located in cape coral fla . Pass it up !! This car is ragged and beat !!
I would put an order down for the 03 cobra !! Good Luck

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Moon crickets? What in the hell are moon crickets?!?!?!? Anyway I agree!! I wish I could afford a '03 Cobra. Unfortunately it is way out of my budget. Unless a rich forum member would like to GIVE me one. I would like a yellow one with a 5-speed thank you. If someone would like to take me up on the offer, just let me know.

·
Registered
97 Posts
well at least you are in a great position to negotiate price. :)

if they find another one for you the chances of getting a killer deal are good.

Hope you find one soon....I know how it is to have made a decision to get something have the $$ and not be able to get it right then. :mad:

good luck
--Brian

·
Registered
70 Posts
ToddB said:
Moon crickets? What in the hell are moon crickets?!?!?!?
lol that is so funny

... I would like a yellow one with a 5-speed thank you. If someone would like to take me up on the offer, just let me know.
A 5SPEED?? 6 speed baby just like the fingers on my left hand.6:blam:

·
Registered
523 Posts
thats horse s**t, i know its kinda not the same but when i bought my 01 GT they only had 2 left on the lot and the minute my salesman and i agreed on everything they moved the car to a garage bay so it wasnt even available for others to look at....... i didnt come back and finish the sale until 3 days later......

·
Registered
470 Posts
ToddB: Like the others said, leave a deposit and get it in writing. Then you have legal rights to the car.

Just for fun, call the salesman and tell him nicely to help you get another Mystic. Let him do some work and lead him on for a while. When he finally has one there for you to look at, tell him to "blow you".

;)

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks Mystang for pointing out that I am obviously an idiot!:D I completely forgot that it was a 6 speed in the Cobra's now.

Brian - You're right. IF they get another one in that I like, it will have to be one killer deal for me to buy it from them.

Anyone want to take me up on my '03 Cobra offer????

1 - 20 of 21 Posts