Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got the code pulled since the service engine light came on and it turns out to be P0303, which is cylinder 3 missing. Any suggestions of what I can do to go about fixing this? Injector cleaner? Plugs and Wires?

I want to check the #3 plug but I dont know which one it is. Can anyone tell me?

If its a bad wire will I be able to see the spark at night even though the wires are covered with the black coil tubing?

Car is a basically stock 99 gt.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Dunno about the stangs, but when my bird was missing I was wondering why, and was working late at night and ended up seeing the spark when the engine was running.

Lon

·
Registered
20 Posts
You think you have it bad, think about those poor folks with 4-bangers.

They have 4 missing cylinders! :D :evil:

·
Registered
95 Posts
I own a mustang performance shop in ATL, GA.
we have had some 99 up stangs with underdrive pulleys cause this problem. However the problem is not in the pulleys, but incorrect installation.The timing trigger wheel is located directly behind the dampner. It is critical that the new dampner pulley is fully seated on the crank or it can cause a random misfire.If u dont have pulleys there could be numerous causes for a misfire.
check the injector connector, pull the coil pack and check for moisture also check the plug

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I swapped out the plug but my car still seems to miss. Not randomly but rather regularly. The old plug was blackend and looked bad compared to the other one we swaped.

I did the test mode the car has and it returned "dt c7ff" as the only trouble code. Can anyone tell me what that means?

Please explain how to check the coils.

BTW: I don't have pullies.

·
Registered
156 Posts
my car ran a code for cylinder 5 was missing, turned out to be a bad coil pack.

·
Registered
156 Posts
the coil is the black box you take off to get the plug out. has the long grey tube on it that sends the spark to the plug.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts