Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys starting a new build for a turbo'd dart/boss 8.2 stroker. Was hoping you guys could point me in the right direction cylinder head wise as I have never built a motor for boost. I was thinking of either a AFR 205/225 or Edelbrock Victor Jr. any opinions are appreciated. Looking for +/- 600rwhp through a Manual trans with a ON3 Performance turbo kit.

·
Registered
511 Posts
It depends on what kind of car you are building and how you will use it. If you are keeping it mostly on the streets, then the best out of the box ready to go with no additional *accessories*, I would vote AFR 205's hands down. Anything bigger will require a bigger turbo to maximize your airflow. What type of intake will be sitting on top?

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I will be using a holley systemax intake manifold.

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I want to get the best head possible without over doing it.

do "box stock" AFR 205 heads come CNC ported? Would a head in the 325/240 cfm @ .700 be too much for a turbo 347? Can anyone provide similar turbo combo's with final numbers?

·
Registered
4,744 Posts
I want to get the best head possible without over doing it.
Twisted Wedge 190's are cheaper than AFR-205's and flow just as good.

If really want to drop $2k on set of really good heads get some TEA 205 cnc twisted wedge heads.

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I run a 331, Holley int, and ported TFS 170s
I was looking through some of your threads, very impressive ET's. I would love to hear more about your engine build (borexstroke, compression etc.). I would be speechless if I could get my junk into the 9's!

·
Registered
408 Posts
Running ported AFR 225's on a Dart base 8.2 326 c.i w/ a t-netics 76mm.Made 703 rwhp/638 tq. At 15.7 lbs.Then we found a torn diaphram in the w/g.Haven't had a chance to run it yet.

·
Registered
7,597 Posts
600rwhp wiht a turbo on a 347 is like getting laid at a whore house... pretty easy

i'd get the vic jr as tehy are the cheapest of the bunch with plenty of potential out of the box

1 - 14 of 14 Posts