Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OPG went out on my 2015 GT. Got it replaced. Want to rebuild original engine, but need to know if the cylinder heads are worth saving.
Pictures attached shows grooves in cam saddles. Is this something that can be machined and saved? Cam itself looks similar, should that be changed as well?

Thanks

Attachments

·
authorized corral.net advertisers
17,063 Posts

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Premium Member
2,526 Posts
That price is per head (8 caps)
What would it cost to build a 1,400 HP Coyote engine? One that would make that power time and time again without causing a lot of expensive maintenance? Is this something that could be done for $35K? And without turbo's. Preferably a P/D S/C. Would it take more than $35K? I wonder at times if I should not have spent my money on a Coyote instead of a 8.2" deck SBF. The 8.2" deck motor has been dead nuts reliable for 4 years of racing. Can you expect the same from a high strung Coyote?

·
authorized corral.net advertisers
17,063 Posts
What would it cost to build a 1,400 HP Coyote engine? One that would make that power time and time again without causing a lot of expensive maintenance? Is this something that could be done for $35K? And without turbo's. Preferably a P/D S/C. Would it take more than $35K? I wonder at times if I should not have spent my money on a Coyote instead of a 8.2" deck SBF. The 8.2" deck motor has been dead nuts reliable for 4 years of racing. Can you expect the same from a high strung Coyote?
Yes, it is very possible to build a engine such as you have described and well within the budget you have outlined. Give us a call and we can put something together for you.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts