Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am getting ready to install a cobra rack in my fox mustang. I will be using 96+ spindles (on the way), fox length control arms and MM sn-95 bolt through bumpsteer kit. I have read several places about cutting off the tie-rod ends to fit, but now that I am going to install everything I can not find out how much I need to cut off of each tie-rod.

I could have went with Fox inner/mm fox out bumpsteer kit, but my cobra rack is low mileage and do not need replaced.

·
Registered
611 Posts
I've read about 1/2" to 1" depending on setup. I have the same rack and plan on doing this soon.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I thought I read 1" someplace, but I am not sure since I am running 96 spindles. I would mock everything up, but I still don't have my spindles yet.

·
Registered
18 Posts
When I swapped in my SN95 rack into my fox, I measured the complete Fox setup from center of the tie rod end to the center of the tie rod end. Then I put the new tie rod ends on the SN95 rack and bottomed them out. I measured the from the same points then divided by 2 found out the minimum I needed to shorten each side by. Then added about 3/8" to each side to allow for some adjustment.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts