Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm looking to add a 4 post longacre battery cutoff switch and was thinking about taking advantage of a 3.5" opening on spare tire floor that opens up at the very back end of the fuel tank (SN95's have them, covered by tar paper). With that I was thinking of fabing up a wire safe pass thru plate and a steel bracket that mounts the switch either facing down at a 45^ angle (switch still visible, like a fuel pump mounted around there), or even have it swing out and lock in place at the normal 90^ angle. I'll have the wires fully covered and protected, etc...

The concern I have is the switch will be lower than the bumper, like here:

Granted having a heavy duty bracket, will this pass tech (NHRA ok)?

·
Registered
17,637 Posts
kinda low... some inspectors will say that it has to be more easy and clearer to get to.

FOR YOUR OWN GOOD,

it should be about where the license plate is.....

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, the license plate area is the tried-n-true and I feel more comfortable that the switch is in the car, but not sure if the flaming river or moroso adapter will work with my longacre switch(?). And I don't want to run even more wire through the deck-lid (SN95s) to get the switch on the license plate.... So looking for alternatives...

(or might as well just get a bar of aluminum and 1/8 rod and just fab up a remote lever).

·
Registered
17,637 Posts
the issue with the car is that the lights and license plate are part of the trunk lid.

......but that is where it should be......

·
Registered
17,637 Posts
you must be joking...

they have never returned any mail from me....and I am only five miles away....!!!!

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
FYI, I went ahead and got the moroso remote push/pull kit, was told it will work with the longacre switch...so it's going by the tail light (space there). thanks guys.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts