Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
952 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, here's the deal:
prev. best is a 13.68 with a 2.1 60ft

tonite i cut a 1.935 60ft on my new BFG DRs (which by the way kick ass!) launching at 2700rpms. well, i get up there the first time and run a 13.8 with a 2.0 60ft, not too bad. next two runs, i miss gears. after that i was afraid to hit the gears hard. will shifting softly cost you a couple of tenths?

also, i went to the track straight from work and forgot my sneakers :rolleyes: and had to run in my business casual boot shoes. i was happy with my launch but disappointed overall with my times. best time of the night was a 13.89.

gotta keep going back!

gino

·
Registered
2,366 Posts
When u shift slow or "granny shift" :D is will slow your momentum down as well as your rpms get out of the powerband. For example, The time in my sig was with powershifting. The previous run I didn't powershift and ran 12.82 and 12.88. So it does affect your ET drastically. Hope this helps. -Mark

·
Registered
3,173 Posts
Need more info about a specific run to be able to diagnose it better. I got a 1.825 60' once, and look at my terrible times. Comparing similar cars to mine, with similar 60's, my car is already behind them at the 330' mark. I'm suspecting tuning issues, as I can drive the car just fine.

·
Registered
952 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
basically, the car felt strong. on one run, i was hanging with a camaro (lt1) all the way until i missed 4th gear. the shifter just would not find its way into the gate. we were seriously neck and neck the whole way. i'm used to those cars just walking me. i think it definitely has to do with my shifting.

when powershifting, all you're doing is stabbing the clutch without getting off the gas, right? don't you hit the rev limiter?
gino

1 - 4 of 4 Posts