Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it just bad luck on my part, or has anyone here started experiencing this? Piss poor customer service among auto parts retailers. In the past couple months I've contacted 23 online retailers via email about some pretty specific Ford, or name brand performance parts. Of those 23 emails, I received replies to only 4! How do people stay in business? Same goes for phone calls, its actually refreshing to talk to a real human, and almost shocking to receive a call back! I left voicemail messages with 3 major fuel pump companies, Magnafuel called me back within minutes. The other two companies never did call back..... I bought a Magnafuel.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Is it just bad luck on my part, or has anyone here started experiencing this? Piss poor customer service among auto parts retailers. In the past couple months I've contacted 23 online retailers via email about some pretty specific Ford, or name brand performance parts. Of those 23 emails, I received replies to only 4! How do people stay in business? Same goes for phone calls, its actually refreshing to talk to a real human, and almost shocking to receive a call back! I left voicemail messages with 3 major fuel pump companies, Magnafuel called me back within minutes. The other two companies never did call back..... I bought a Magnafuel.
With almost every company out there.

Even day to day life(fast food, retailers, gas stations). It’s everywhere.

Especially p

·
Premium Member
2,368 Posts
Might be timing on the phone calls. I always consider the time zone of the company I am calling relative to my own. I never call at their lunch time. I got through right away when I called Aeromotive. Maybe I got lucky. The E-mail thing is hit and miss. I think they (companies) get swamped with E-mails and do not have the manpower to keep up.

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
Might be timing on the phone calls. I always consider the time zone of the company I am calling relative to my own. I never call at their lunch time. I got through right away when I called Aeromotive. Maybe I got lucky. The E-mail thing is hit and miss. I think they (companies) get swamped with E-mails and do not have the manpower to keep up.
Very good points about the time zone and calling at lunch time. Customer service is in shambles at most companies. It seems as if an area doesn't generate any revenue for the company they start cutting staff there.

I will give a shout out to Powermaster Alternators ( Powermaster ) who recently answered my phone call with a human being and transferred me to a tech/sales guy who promptly answered my question. I had tried to find the answer in their online catalog and via internet searching prior to calling. I ordered the correct pulley and dress up cover thanks to their on point customer service located in Chicago.

·
Registered
530 Posts
I recently bought a reman power steering rack from carid. It took 3 weeks, 4 emails, and 3 calls to get them to send me a return shipping label for my core. I will never buy anything from carid again. That's really about all you can do.

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
Here's the real issue. Everyone in every industry is understaffed. I do the job of 2-3 people and barely can keep up....and sometimes can't keep up. Phone calls are low priority on the totem pole. I rarely have time to take a call much less reply to one. You do the best you can, but after 3+ years of riding the same wave in the pool, you say F-it I will do the best I can and what happens.... happens. You can't expect a few people to do the work of many and still get the same customer experience delivered to your customers.

Businesses/employers are driving poor customer service through the staffing squeeze game they play.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
All good points here. Its too bad that employers run their businesses that way. Sales, and customer support are frontline people. Where I work you only get one chance to tick off a potential new customer and then your looking for a new job, it's just not acceptable to be rude, or non responsive.

·
Registered
2,349 Posts
Customer Service is an art that has been mostly lost in every sector of business in the USA. I run an international customer service and support operation and constantly have to mentor on soft skills, etc. I am really thinking about going private sector and build a consulting business geared toward reinvigorating the dying art.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts