Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a set of custom built on the car S.S forward facing headers on a 93' Fox BBF with Dove heads.

I want to see how low I can go with these heads just a personal mission for me.

Attachments

·
Registered
696 Posts
Those are a work of art....very nice!

·
Registered
156 Posts
Those headers look awesome. I would love to hear about some of the benefits of those vs under chassis.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Lighter weight and they don’t get crushed when the front end comes down...
I didn't think about them getting crushed but figured you could get the car way lower if you weren't going under the floor.

Cool stuff post lots of pics. I keep debating on where I where I want to run my down pipe when I do my turbo kit.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Allows the car to be lowered without worry of header crush. Lowest thing on my car now is the trans blanket. Lol

Keeps trans temps cooler, easy to install a starter

Attachments

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
I went forward facing with my BBF/Fox as well. I struggled with ground clearance on my big tube Kooks once I got the engine exactly where it needed to be in regards to crank height and trans output shaft height. Those changes in the engine angle sucked the collectors up to the floor nice and tight but it only had about 2.5" of ground clearance.

I ended up with a set of used forward facing headers. Best money I've spent on this car so far.

Did you make yours with the CJ flange so you can upgrade heads later?

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I went forward facing with my BBF/Fox as well. I struggled with ground clearance on my big tube Kooks once I got the engine exactly where it needed to be in regards to crank height and trans
output shaft height. Those changes in the engine angle sucked the collectors up to the floor nice and tight but it only had about 2.5" of ground clearance.

I ended up with a set of used forward facing headers. Best money I've spent on this car so far.

Did you make yours with the CJ flange so you can upgrade heads later?
Made with the Oval port flanges like Dove heads.

For what I paid if I had too change them up I could get a nice return on these if I ever had to sale.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts