Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I am looking to change the tone of my exhaust, right now I have FMS shorties, and Bassani X w/cats and no mufflers. The car is extremely loud and I get attention all the time (from police). As soon as i hit 2500rpm it screams. I was wondering if I get a pair of Magnapack mufflers $100 and a pair of http://www.exhaustproslinc.com/magstainstee12.html welded to them, will that make a difference to quiet it down. and will that setup fit on my car?

Thanks for the help guys

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
CMcCarthy said:
I think you're a triple-posting ding dong :mad:
I think you want some ass beating:evil:
If you dont want to help out dont post stupid comments. Obviously the tripple post was a mistake

·
Registered
157 Posts
I think you should try it one step at a time. I'd recommend, for an "X"-pipe, that you use a straight through muffler. I don't know the Magnapacks, but I've tried the Dynomax Race Magnums, and they are very quiet, even with turndowns. I'd weld on the mufflers, and try driving it for a short bit, then decide what you want to do with the tailpipes. If those tips really work, you may even want to try the Dynomax Race Bullets, which are pretty loud, but not obnoxious.

And don't sweat it... everyone makes mistakes.

·
Registered
4,179 Posts
Please, come to Corral day and stop by and say hi. I'll be the tall guy next to the Yellow 99 GT with the billet wheels. We can discuss this "ass beating" there, or elsewhere if you like. You might want to bring a friend.

·
Registered
416 Posts
chill out, both of you....i'm sure that you guys wanna just help people with their problems...just chill...kick back a few brewskies and have3 a good time...peace.........

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
CMcCarthy said:
Please, come to Corral day and stop by and say hi. I'll be the tall guy next to the Yellow 99 GT with the billet wheels. We can discuss this "ass beating" there, or elsewhere if you like. You might want to bring a friend.
haha you think your height is going to intimidate me. you dont even konw how tall i am.lol you are making assumptions and you know what that does. if you dont want to help out then dont speak.:evil:

·
Registered
4,179 Posts
Actually, I was just describing myself so you'd know who to come talk to. You're right, I don't know who you are, and I don't care. However, I won't flame you anymore, because getting your thread locked certainly won't get you any help with your exhaust system. Good luck with the mufflers, and I hope to see you at CD02.

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
In the end you would be better off getting the whole catback, get all that stuff welded wouldn't be cheap, unless you do it yourself. Plus the mandrel bent pipes would be nice

1 - 9 of 9 Posts