Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wrong about the crate engine prices. The 302/300 is $4,899, ready to run. The 331/375 is $5,799. The 331 is not drop in ready, it's minus plug wires, plugs, water pump, harmonic balancer. But still a good price. I some how got them mixed up. I apologize to everybody for my earlier comments on the crate engines and thanks to you all, I took another look and for the $900 difference I'm going with the 331.

·
Registered
4,587 Posts
Neato!

·
Registered
2,984 Posts
Bubba, have you set a course on a complete build yet, or are you still researching? Here's another link to stir the pot if you are still thinking;
This is one that I would like for my 58cc heads, they have others with different cc piston reliefs.

That is for a 347 stroker kit that includes balancing, plus a balancer, flexplate, and Wiseco pistons. For a milder build with no serious rpm or boost expected, that kit can be just $400-$500 more than a 306 build, and gain you 41 CI. That's a good deal for the displacement. You would need a more healthy intake etc, than a 306, or less rpm's. But it's interesting to ponder.

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Bubba, have you set a course on a complete build yet, or are you still researching? Here's another link to stir the pot if you are still thinking;
This is one that I would like for my 58cc heads, they have others with different cc piston reliefs.

That is for a 347 stroker kit that includes balancing, plus a balancer, flexplate, and Wiseco pistons. For a milder build with no serious rpm or boost expected, that kit can be just $400-$500 more than a 306 build, and gain you 41 CI. That's a good deal for the displacement. You would need a more healthy intake etc, than a 306, or less rpm's. But it's interesting to ponder.
Yes it is.

·
Registered
3,904 Posts
If you guys want anything from Wiseco......plan on waiting a while. I ended up cancelling almost all of my orders because they extended their ETAs 60 days, after missing them the first two times. There are better options.

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
If you guys want anything from Wiseco......plan on waiting a while. I ended up cancelling almost all of my orders because they extended their ETAs 60 days, after missing them the first two times. There are better options.
Thanks for letting me know. I'm thinking that with everything being back ordered that a crate engine is the way to go.

·
Registered
1965 fastback 347 hci v3-si @10 psi Pro M efi. Tko600 3:55
246 Posts
Yuck!
Just found out today wisco made my 4.125 pistons with .912 wrist pin bore instead of .927
Somebody entered wrong data/human mistake.
Going to be interesting to see how long it’ll take now. And to make things worse they are coated pistons so even longer lead time 😬

Oh... Bubba, since you’ve considered almost every opinion available with you engine choice I’m curious; have you considered one of the new EV kits? They are all the rage and tons of torque.

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yuck!
Just found out today wisco made my 4.125 pistons with .912 wrist pin bore instead of .927
Going to be interesting to see how long it’ll take now. And to make things worse they are coated pistons so even longer lead time 😬

Oh... Bubba, since you’ve considered almost every opinion available with you engine choice I’m curious; have you considered one of the new EV kits? They are all the rage and tons of torque.
No I haven't.

·
Registered
3,904 Posts
Yuck!

Save yourself some grief and rebush the rods.

·
Registered
1985 Mustang GT
186 Posts

What kind of monster are you?

·
Registered
2,984 Posts
Feed the monster.

Reactions: Foot Hill
1 - 15 of 15 Posts