Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok picked up new turbo car 306 t-76 noticed that it has 2 drivers side valvecovers on it so this means NO crankcase ventilation at all that i see.. that would explina some oil leakin also.. what kinda set up do i need to do to help this out .. details please

·
Registered
209 Posts
wow how do you fill your oil?

anyway getting back to your topic..you should run at least -10an lines off both valve cover to a oil catch can to vent any crankcase preasure. dont run a vac line to the can either. The bigger the line then better so as more air will travel down the hose rather than oil.

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
I run a small filter on my pcv and 2 open element breathers with shop rags ziptied around it. It's working for now but i'll be adding a catch can and -10AN from the drivers side soon.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
turbo car my man use the oil drain back tube goes right to the pan .. i didnt build it thats just how i do it i assume he done it that way to ...what about some kinda of pcv valve thought ther was a thread some where on it cant find it though..

·
Registered
4,744 Posts
I run a Moroso crank case vac pump fit into the
factory serpentine belt. Shimmed for constant 5psi of vacuum

·
Premium Member
3,565 Posts
I have purchased the parts to run a delphi evap pump set to come on at 3lbs of boost connected to the v/c with -12an and ending at a moroso breather. the other v/c will be a constant -12 to a second moroso breather. So one for each side and one of them connected to the evap pump.

·
Registered
812 Posts
I run a hose from my PCV to a catch can and than another hose from the can to my intake. I haven't put anything on the passenger side valve cover yet, but I plan on either a breather or another line to the catch can.

Its on a mod motor so your setup may differ, but the idea is still the same.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
I had the PCV issue as well, oil everywhere.
I bought a new grommet...mine was old and hard and pulling out easily.
I disconnected the PCV line, put a smapp shop towel over it to mimic a filter and vented it to atmosphere.
I did something similar with the pass valve cover. I capped the tube going to the throttle body and put a filter where the oil fill cap used to be.

·
Registered
300 Posts
I just installed my first turbo kit on my car, and I just left the stock pcv setup in there. Is there something wrong with that? Will this create any issues for me?

·
Registered
3,318 Posts
I just installed my first turbo kit on my car, and I just left the stock pcv setup in there. Is there something wrong with that? Will this create any issues for me?
yes and yes.. IF you still have the plastic tube that runs from the t/b to valve cover you will have serious issues!! you will be pushing boost into the crankcase.
More then likely the stock PCV valve will leak boost into the crankcase too.

even IF you dont boost the crankcase through the PCV valve/ throttle body tube it still needs a way out . breather on the valve cover is most common.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Thanks, red89.:) I guess even though I read a lot in prep for this project, I didn't read enough.:curses:

I guess I'll block off the pcv opening in the lower and the tube, then put a breather on the passenger side valve cover.

·
Registered
3,318 Posts
Thanks, red89.:) I guess even though I read a lot in prep for this project, I didn't read enough.:curses:

I guess I'll block off the pcv opening in the lower and the tube, then put a breather on the passenger side valve cover.

lol can never be too prepared lol

I just put a one way check valve before the PCV that way I still had the factory PCV system but it wont leak boost past it. eliminated the hose from t/b to valve cover and put a breather on the valve cover.

·
Registered
3,209 Posts
what about the old turbo coupe pcv valve's? i remember reading a lot about them at one point
They work great. Everyone seems to forget the function of the pcv valve is in all actuality a check-valve in its own right. The problem is, all pcv valves are not created equal...and you need one that is capable of preventing boost from pressurizing the crankcase (hence the use of a turbocoupe/svo pcv valve.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
I'm having the same problem....

right now I have a filter on the valve cover along with the tb/valve cover being capped off.... guess I'll try a turbo coupe pcv next....

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Well I'm still having the same problem, oil coming out of the rear main but only when under boost (and yes its new) a turbo coupe pcv didn't help out much.... So I tired adding 2 one way check valves and that didn't do a thing... I have a supra tt pcv valve on order (just in-case I got the wrong one from ford, if that doesn't work I'm going to add another passengers side valve cover and put a breather on that one as well.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts