Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Formerly known as jbj302
2,735 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all! I have a Crane Hi-6S I'm trying to use, but having trouble figuring out the wiring. I have it wired up as the diagram shows on my 1988 Mustang Coupe. For some reason it will not start. The status light blinks as its turning over. Out of one loom, it has a red, white, and black wire. I know where the red and white wires go, but where does the black go. I have the heavy black wire grounded to the body. Any help with this will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!!!

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
I'll look at my diagram when I go back to my garage. BUT keep in mind it could be a bad box. I had a crane Hi6 that worked great then one day the car died on me and woukdnt start. Bypassed the box and got it home. Just like you the light blinks on mine when cranking but no start. I talked to a tech guy at Crane and he pretty told me there was nothing they could do because the electronics are potted inside the case and can't be removed.

·
Formerly known as jbj302
2,735 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I talked to a guy at FAST today, which is now who owns all of Crane electronics. He was looking at the same diagram I was looking at. He really didn't have an idea.

If you will, show me the wiring on your car. I've looked at several wiring diagrams and none has the same wiring as this box which has an extra black wire. Thanks!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
Black goes to Coil -
Orange goes to coil +

Red goes to the Red/Green coil wire on original coil connector.
White goes to Dark Green/Yellow coil wire on original coil connector.

This is what the PDF says.

·
Formerly known as jbj302
2,735 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
This is how I had it wired up according to the CRN-6000-6300 wiring diagram

·
Formerly known as jbj302
2,735 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yes, I tried that and it didn't even show any signs of power. I guess I was scammed. Was told it worked

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
Just a question you did make sure the large red wire was attached to the battery positive right? It's not in the diagram. I'm my instructions I remember them saying it was implied.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts