Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I discovered a crack in my DIY hot pipes...a huge one right under the turbo and 2 small ones on my crossover flex joint.

Tried to order Pony downs, but they have a 2 month wait...hell no!

B&G customs site is down.

My only 2 options I suppose are ebay or have my current junk welded. My DIY setup uses stock manifolds and leftover pieces of exhaust pipe.

·
Registered
747 Posts
I discovered a crack in my DIY hot pipes...a huge one right under the turbo and 2 small ones on my crossover flex joint.

Tried to order Pony downs, but they have a 2 month wait...hell no!

B&G customs site is down.

My only 2 options I suppose are ebay or have my current junk welded. My DIY setup uses stock manifolds and leftover pieces of exhaust pipe.
just checked the site and is up and running. try it again.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
jeff (pony down) has a 2 month wait cause his stuff is top notch. some places will say 1 to 2 weeks and then drag you out 2 months or longer. you will not regret getting jeffs parts. good luck.

·
Registered
5,957 Posts
Mine cracked after 4 years. Redoing now in stainless. Did any stainless crack? Mine kind of rusted/cracked on the aluminized tubing part. I welded a few patches on temporarily. On one pipe, it got bent too-so that didn't help. Still runs fine, just a little more noise.
Erich

·
Registered
2,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah just talked to BG today and they said 5-6 weeks. Stainless works will only be an option for me when I see it in the classifieds. So I'm gonna keep doin so research on the ebay and then make a decision.

·
Registered
2,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Think I'm just gonna fix mine and make them better. Then I can use the money saved to install some 3.27s (buh bye 3.90s).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts